Chapter 4: The Birthday Ball

ASMODEUS'S POV

     *Knock!* *Knock!* *Knock*

     "Go away!" I shouted at someone who is knocking on my door.

     I am literally not in the mood right now. My birthday is ruined and Merielle didn't even bother to greet me! I know she could not spend this day with me because she is back up in the human world since her one year stay here as an exchange student is over, but lord Diavolo made it clear that the exchange students like her and Solomon can still use their D.D.D. in their worlds! How could she not send me a greeting?!

     "Come out, Asmodeus," my big brother, Lucifer, called out in a demanding tone.

     When his tone is like that, better not challenge him. I have no choice, but to get up and open the door for him.

     When I did, he gave a shocked expression.

     "Did you cry, Asmo?" Lucifer asked.

     "Can you blame me if I say yes? Because I would say yes," I said, still not in the mood.

     "You'd better fix yourself right now," Lucifer said with a smile. "You do want to look your best on your special day."

     "What's so special about today? Mammon ruined everything!" I said. I am about to cry again!

     "Hush now, Asmo," Lucifer said in a soothing voice. "Go and get yourself in your best look. That is what you do, right? Or do you want Mammon to find a way to take a picture of you and sell it? The picture will spread like wildfire for sure."

     That perked me up. Lucifer has a big point in there! That would definitely ruin my reputation as the most beautiful demon in Devildom!

     "Just think of it," Lucifer continued. "The popular topic on news would be an article about you saying that you have lost your touch!"

     "Enough! Enough! Alright!" I finally said. "I will look my best for the rest of the day!"

     "Good," Lucifer said with a smile. "And after you're done, go to the living room."

     "Why?" I asked.

     "Just go. We need you there," Lucifer said in a firm tone.

     "I won't help cleaning up!" I said as I closed the door and started getting ready.

     The thought of Mammon selling bad pictures of me horrified me in a lot of ways that I even did my plan of what and how I would look like for the party that was supposed to happen. He wouldn't be able to sell bad pictures of me now! I will look gorgeous as a rose on my birthday and not even Mammon could stop me for it!

     I am Asmodeus! The avatar of lust! An elite demon in Devildom! Last but most definitely never the least, I am the most beautiful demon in Devildom! Maybe even beyond it. And I will keep that record!

     After finishing up, I walked towards the living room. I opened the doors with a flourish and...

     "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASMODEUS!" a group of people or rather... demons a human and two angels... shouted.

     "Eh???" I exclaimed in dull shock. "What is going on?"

     "It is your Crystal Rose Garden Themed Birthday Party and Ball, of course!" Barbatos said, a hand on his waist and the other on his chin, as usual.

     "B-but it was ruined!" I said as I gave Mammon a dirty look.

     "It was," Solomon said. "Until lord Diavolo and I used our magic to fix everything."

     "I guess you can also say that we made it even better!" lord Diavolo said with pride as he crossed his arms and beamed a smile.

     "You all really did!" I said happily. "Let the party begin!"

     "Finally!" Beel said and dashed at the tables filled with delicious food.

     "I sure do hope he will let the others take a bite, too," I said as I stare at him gobble up the fried salamander with sweetened chicken's blood dip.

     "We'd better fill our plates then while we still can," Solomon said jokingly.

     "Here goes the music!" Levi announced and started playing my favorite music.

     Much to my surprise, a disco ball is right above me. Not just any disco ball, though. A chandelier disco ball! That's right! There is a chandelier and I guess with the use of magic, a disco ball was stuck at the bottom of it! It is amazing! Chandeliers are for balls and disco balls are for parties! The decorations are as elegant as a ball's, but the music is like for a party's! This is like a mash-up of both! A birthday ball!

     I walked around and everything is breathtaking! Pictures of me are being slideshown from the projector, beautiful music blasted from the speakers, heaps of food in beautiful portions and decorations are served, and the walls and ceiling are decorated with red, crystal roses and bright green, crystal leaves on white, twisted, crystal vines! Everything is so shiny! It all matches my outfit! I filled it with crystals as well.

     But I couldn't help frowning. My guests are incomplete. The worst part is that the one I really want to spend my special day is not here.

     "When we fixed your birthday party, I thought you would be happy, Asmodeus," lord Diavolo said as he walked up from behind me.

     "It is wonderful, indeed!" I assured him. "We are just short for one person."

     "No we're not," lord Diavolo said.

     "I am pretty sure that I am correct," I said with a frown.

     "Believe me. We are not," lord Diavolo said.

     "YO, EVERYONE!" Mammon shouted.

     "What now, Mammon?!" I asked him, irritated.

     "Look there!" Mammon said as he pointed at the door.

     Someone's there! Whoever that is, he or she slightly opened the door and peeked.

_________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The picture above is a fan art picture of Asmodeus biting on a red, crystal petal from a red, crystal rose which insipred me for this story.

The picture does not belong to me. Credits to its original owner.