Chapter 5: Unexpected Arrival of an Expected Guest

ASMODEUS'S POV

     "Who's there?!" Lucifer asked in a demanding, scary tone.

     I sighed. "I would get it if it is one of my stalkers. I mean, I am too beautiful and popular, you know?"

     "Then," the mysterious person spoke. "Will you kick me out then? I thought I was invited."

     The person turns out to be a girl based on her voice. She opened the door widely and stepped inside the living room. I opened my mouth because of shock upon seeing the girl at the door.

     "Or maybe being invited to your birthday party is just my imagination, Asmodeus?" MC said with a wink.

     "Y-you're here?" I muttered.

     "Of course I am! Why would I miss your birthday?" Merielle answered as if everything is normal.

     Because it is not.

     "But how? How are you here?" I asked. "Aren't you not allowed to go out of your house because of that virus that has been spreading in your world? And how did you get here?"

     "Diavolo made this day an exception for me," she answered with a smile. "She fetched me with Barbatos from the human world and brought me here. Sorry I waited for a few minutes hiding beneath the stairs before entering here. HAHA!"

     I just stood in my place for a whole minute, taking it all in. I really don't need this party. I just need her here on my special day. A party without her is just like any other normal party to me. Now that she is here, she just made everything special!

     "I'm glad that you're here, MC," I said as I smile.

     Much to my surprise, MC ran towards me with her beaming smile. She hugged me tightly and nuzzled her soft face on my chest.

     "Happy birthday, Asmodeus," she whispered.

     It feels like the time stopped in Devildom and we are the only ones left in the room. Everything is silent and I took it all in.

     "Thank you," I whispered back.

     "HEY! STOP FLIRTING YA TWO!" Mammon shouted from a distance.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The video above is the lyric music video edit that I made for Asmodeus's birthday. I hope you like it. It is also uploaded on YouTube on my YouTube channel: Dragonfly M.C.

Feel free to check it out.