Chapter 6: The Last Present

ASMODEUS'S POV

     "So this is what your room in the human world looks like," I said as I wander my eyes around MC's room.

     We are back in the human world. Lucifer and lord Diavolo let me be the one to take her back to her room before the night ends. As soon as the party ended and MC bid her "see you soon" to everyone, I took her back here in the human world and straight to her room.

     "I still think that my room in the House of Lamentation looks way better," she replied as she sat down on her bed and tapped it, motioning for me to sit beside her, and I did.

     "I really thought you wouldn't make it to my party," I said. I think I am getting real here.

     "Why would I ever want to miss it?" MC replied. "To be honest, I thought I would miss it, considering that I am here in the human world and your party is at the House of Lamentation which is in Devildom, but I got a message on my D.D.D. from Diavolo a week ago. He told me that he would fetch me on the day of your birthday. So, I got all excited and prepared immediately."

     "I guess he knows that you are my greatest birthday wish," I mumbled.

     "What was that?" MC asked.

     "Nothing," I said. 

     MC seemed to be alright with my answer and she dropped the topic and made way for a new one.

     "How was that video edit that I made for you as a present?" MC asked in a shy tone. 

     "Oh? That?" I asked with a grateful smile. "It is my new D.D.D. ringtone! Now, every time someone calls or sends me a message, I would hear the music that you gave me as a present! The video is also saved on my D.D.D. so every time I want to watch it again, I would."

     "Oh... wow! Really? That's great, I guess. It seems like you really like it," she said with a smile. "I had been meaning to buy you something like cosmetics or perfumes because I know those are your kind of things, but shops that sell those are closed right now here in the human world because of the pandemic that has been going around. I had that lyric video edit as my last option as a gift for you." She paused, then added. "Sorry I didn't reply to your messages earlier. I didn't notice them because I did not open up my D.D.D. while I was making the final touches for the video edit that I made for you."

     I smiled wider. She really thought hard about what to give to me! "It's okay, and I am happy on whatever you've got for me. Even a video edit."

     "Thanks, Asmo," MC said, and as much to my surprise, she hugged me tightly. The touch of her skin on mine gave me a tingling feeling.

     "You know..." I said.

     "Hm?" MC muttered and looked up to me, not letting go of the hug. Her face shone brightly under the moonlight that is coming down towards her from her glass window.

     "It is still my birthday," I continued. "Can I have a final birthday wish?"

     "Asking for the last present, huh?" she asked with a cute chuckle. "What is it that you want? Make sure that I can give it, or else..."

     "Or else what?" I asked with a smirk.

     "Or else you won't be getting it, of course!" she said and laughed. I couldn't help, but laugh back.

     Then, I stopped laughing and I stared at her. She stopped laughing and stared back. We just kept staring at each other's sparkling eyes for a whole minute before I finally broke the silence.

     "Let me spend the night with you," I said as I touched her chin while supporting her back with a loving and comforting hug using my other hand, leaning in for a kiss.

END

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The picture above does not belong to me. Credits to those who rightfully own it.