Chapter 23 - Five Shots...

Agustus^

THIRD POV

The sounds of gunshots filled the mansion as Mark, the guard ran protecting the woman and her two children. There was a lot of tension filling the air, none knew if they were going to make it but they hoped for the best.

Fastly their feet were as they hold onto each other hands tightly running down the hall. Adrianna's heart thumped loudly against her chest in fear. She could hear the screams and gunshots of men which made even more afraid.

"We have to get to the underground exit," Mark said towards her holding his gun upward in front of him.

The hallway was dark but the light of the moon seemed to find it's way seeping through the window. Managing to find their way a gunshot sounding close was heard as a loud grunt was heard from Mark.

"Shit!" he shouted falling to his knees as a bullet shot through his leg leaving him murmuring in pain. he tried to get up but the pain made him stop leaving him useless. He was bleeding rapidly trying to press pressure to his wound for it to stop. Adrianna paused pulling her kids behind her. Her chest moved a fast rhythmically pace as she gasps for breath but watches cautiously for who made the shot.

"Adrianna," a voice called. Her heart stopped remembering the softness of that voice too clearly. "Dimitri," she breathed seeing his body step into the moonlight.

His green eyes that reminded her of her son bore themselves into hers making it hard for her to breathe. She was stunned but somehow happy?

"Mommy, I'm scared," Eva said breaking the eye contact those two shared. Dimitri's green eyes tread their way over to the little girl and the boy before looking back to her.

"So this was where you were when our son lived a life of pain," Dimitri huffed raising a brow. Adrianna stumbled confused at what Dimitri had said. What did mean? Did something happen to Sebastian?

She shook her thoughts as she looked over to Mark who still was hugging his leg. Dimitri's eyes followed hers before raising his gun towards Mark.

Shooting Mark three times in the chest Dimitri head tilted towards Ace who stood there in silence as a motion to grabbed them. "Dimitri, please don't hurt us!" she began to plead as Ace hands grabbed her and her kids pulling them along.

"Another person would like to meet you before that happens," Dimitri said coldly as he, Ace, Adrianna and her kids walked into the darkness of the hall. Dimitri loved Adrianna but the pain she had caused his son, pained him and it was unforgivable.

-

His fist collided against the guard's face before he lifted up his leg up kicking him down. Bloods spilled out of the man's mouth leaving his mouth bitter.  Bullets filled the poor man's head making drops of blood splat on Stefano's face. His jaw clenched in disgust looking down to see he also got som on his suit jacket.

Stefano groaned taking a handkerchief from his breast pocket wiping off the mess on his face. It took 20 guards to get through to finally reach  Agustus' room door.

And it was only Stefano who had taken each and every one of them down. He sighed stepping over the man's body who bled uncontrollably. He stood still for a moment before he silently took off his suit jacket leaving him in black turtleneck that hugged his chest tightly.

Slowly, Stefano's hand rested on the doorknob but made no movement before he turned his ear to the door listening quietly.

......

No sound? Hmm?

Stefano smiled, turning the knob to find it unlocked. A cool breeze grazed his face before he made a step into the room. Moonlight shone through the opening lighting up the room as his eyes scanned around for Agustus.