Chapter 3 - Donating at the Daycare

"Sasuke! I can't believe you know this daycare center," Kakashi was surprised.
"Yeah," Sasuke replied, putting down boxes of school supplies and coloring books from his pickup truck.
He looked at Kakashi, he was expecting for more explanation from Sasuke. "This is just something my team and I have planned to do," he added.
"Well thank you, Sasuke. This is very nice of you. The kids will really love this."

"I hope so."

"Well I just spoke to one of the teachers, I will be on my way now. Take care, Sasuke."

"You too."

Good, Sasuke thought when Kakashi saw them donating at the daycare. Mission accomplished.

Sasuke called on some of his team to get the boxes inside the daycare. It was already late afternoon, the parents may start coming and fetching their children, they might as well give the school supplies to the kids before they all go home.

"Karin," Sasuke called on his red-head secretary that whenever he calls her, she's eyeing him with flirtatious looks.
For him, it was more of disturbing really, but it was better not to care.
"Coordinate with the head teacher regarding the donations," he ordered.
"Okay, Sir Sasuke," she answered in a flirty way as he pushed back her red-framed eyeglasses up her nose bridge, then ran towards inside the daycare.

Sasuke didn't go inside cause he didn't feel like it. He stood by his pickup truck waiting for his team so he can drive some of them back to the office. As he leaned against his pickup truck, he saw Karin running towards him.
"What is it?" He asked in a stern voice.
"You're needed inside, Sir Sasuke."

He groaned, but went inside anyway.
The head teacher just wanted to thank Sasuke personally. She invited him to sit with the toddlers as they were now holding their new crayons and coloring books that were donated by them. Sasuke did not really want to, but then the head teacher insisted.

He went inside of one of the rooms and sat on a small chair that was too big for him, Karin was standing behind him. He was looking at the toddlers. Some were on the floor, but the floor was covered entirely by a puzzle foam floor mat, they were lying on their bellies while coloring an entire page of the coloring book, some were at the table doing the same.

He noticed the young girl beside him wearing a red headband and red dress, coloring a butterfly. Same as the other toddlers, she ended up coloring the entire page as well and not just the butterfly itself. For a young girl, she was already wearing eyeglasses that matched the color of her headband. Sasuke couldn't help but notice.

"Hi," Sasuke poked the free forearm of the little girl.
"Hel-lo," she said slowly, and looked up to him, her gaze steady.
Sasuke ended up studying her face, until he realized that the kid somehow has a resemblance of him. It was weird, she has the facial features of an Uchiha. Does Shisui have a daughter? Before he continued to think who else from his relatives have a daughter, he continued to talk to her.
"How old are you?"

"I'm three," she looked up to Sasuke.

"Wow, you're just three and yet you're already wearing glasses."

"Yeah, I needed one," she looked back at her coloring book, flipping the page.

An elderly who was also inside, probably fetching one of her grandkids, walked towards Sasuke.
"Is this your daughter? She's beautiful," she said to Sasuke and also eyeing at Karin while pointing at the little girl with the red eyeglasses.
Sasuke swore she heard Karin squeal.
"No, she's not my kid. I'm here because I donated the coloring books and school supplies."

"Oh that's very nice of you, thank you!" She then looked at the little boy on the floor coloring, "come now, get your bag and we're going home now," she called on the young boy.

Sasuke looked back at the girl that he was talking to. He couldn't blame the elderly for mistaking that she was his daughter. The only thing he hated about it was the old lady thought he was married to his secretary.

He started thinking about his relatives once more, even Itachi's ex girlfriends. But it was impossible. Or was it?
"Is your mom gonna pick you up?" Sasuke asked again.
"No. She's busy working, she comes home late," she answered Sasuke not looking at him as she was coloring another page from the coloring book.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's okay, because I get to play at Boruto's house first before I go home, but sometimes he gets my toys from me, he's annoying," she replied.
There was something about the little girl.
"Annoying, huh?" Sasuke chuckled.

"Yes."

Sasuke shifted his gaze from the little girl to his wristwatch.
"I have to go, take care," he stood up from the small chair.
"Bye-bye!" The little girl looked up to him again as she waved her free hand goodbye.

He looked at Karin and gestured her to walk out of the daycare already.
He thanked again the head teacher, and then she said she will have a semi-formal ceremony for Sasuke's recognition tomorrow, regarding his donations as a sign of thanks to him.

Sasuke said there was actually no need for that, but then again he may actually need that certificate of recognition someday, most especially for future business partners, so he promised he will return the next day.