Chapter 23 - Sakura vs. Her Parents

After hearing what Sarada just said, Sakura didn't know if she wants to smile or be mad at her daughter.
Finally she wants to interact with her father again after how many weeks. But why all of a sudden? What part of the conversation did she hear while she was talking to Naruto and Hinata?

Sarada stormed off and made her way up the stairs. She was smashing her tiny feet while walking up the stairs to make sure she creates loud footsteps.

"What have you been teaching my granddaughter?!" Mebuki asked angrily, but trying to keep her voice low so Sarada wouldn't hear.

"What would I teach her?! For the love of god, she's a toddler mom! It's normal for her to be looking for her dad!"

"Does Sarada know who Sasuke is?" Kizashi asked.
"Yes," Sakura answered swiftly.
"Uh, Sasori, why don't you wait for me at the living room," Kizashi turned to Sasori.
"Alright," he replied lazily then walked out of the kitchen.

"Sweetheart, what about Sasori?" Kizashi asked again Sakura.

"I dunno dad! I don't know him! I don't care about him! How do you even know who that guy is?!"

"Well we came across Lady Chiyo at Suna when we traveled there. That grandson of hers was kind enough to assist us with some of our paperwork's. He seemed so lonely. He didn't make much friends even when he was younger. He just felt lonely and he reminded us of you when Sasuke left," Mebuki explained.

"So you think because he seems lonely, you can just force me to marry him?"

"Well we like Sarada to grow up with a father!"

"Sasuke is her father, and he's back here!"

"We don't trust Sasuke, sweetheart," Kizashi interjected.

"Well I don't trust that Sasori guy, either! Do you really know that guy well?"

"Yes, of course! We stayed at Suna for almost a year—"
Mebuki was cut off by her daughter right away.

"Almost a year! My god mom, you knew him for only that long and you think he's the perfect father figure for my daughter?! Do you remember last night on how he reacted towards Sasuke's older brother because of a championship game that happened in high school?! He looked like he'll beat the shit out of Itachi!"

"I don't think Sasori will do that!" Mebuki smirked.

"You don't think? So you're not sure?!"

"Sasori will not do that! And come on Sakura, boys get into fights all the time!"

"Not Itachi, mom. He just came out of a coma, that's why Sasuke hurried their way out of the sushi restaurant when that Sasori was acting strangely!"

"What?! What happened to Sasuke's older brother?"

"You see this is what I've been telling you! Sasuke got scared of marrying me right away because he was afraid that I might turn out like his older brother. He was protecting me!"

"What the hell's been going on with their family?!"

"You know how powerful the Uchihas are, right dad?" Sakura turned to her father. "That even their own flesh and blood tried to ruin them for more power," Sakura explained.

"How do you know that Sasuke isn't just making this story up just so he can come back to you?" Mebuki asked.

"Because it was Naruto who told me, mom."