34. Getting Canceled ft. Nessa Barrett

"What's up cuties and welcome to the first podcast of The Hype series

"What's up cuties and welcome to the first podcast of The Hype series." Poppy yelled into the microphone as she was happy that she was creating the first episode of The Hype.

"I know a lot of you are probably wondering why I'm doing this series and that other people like Josh has something like this already."

"But mine is different as we aren't just going to talk about things that are happening in the influencers community, but we're going to get deep and become uncomfortable talking about the things that people are scared to talk about." Poppy explained the reason why she created her series and how it's different.

"Today's episode is called 'Getting Canceled' and to help me is my beautiful friend Tiktoker Nessa Barrett!"

"Hi." Nessa greeted shyly as she was nervous about today's episode, but glad that more people could listen about her side of her story.

"I know there's been many hate comments and videos about you for making a mistake to dancing to Quran."

"I understand it was disrespectful, but you didn't know that at the time and was just having fun with your friend, so I want to ask you to explain what your thoughts are on the subject and how it has affected you." Poppy asked Nessa, so that the audience could here her side of her story and how hating someone for a mistake could hurt them even after they learned from their mistake.

"My friend and I were just watching videos on tiktok and we heard a sound that we thought it would be funny to dance to, but I had no idea that it was Quran and I felt terrible after people started commenting and messaging me about what it was and I deleted as fast as I could."

"Even after I thought much about my apology and posted it I got so much hate and I understand why I got it, but today people still comment stuff like for example "to kill myself" " and people think it's so easy being under the spotlight of millions in of people and if you mess up once all hell breaks lose and never ends."

"Sure I got more hate comments and death threats when I first made my mistake, but even after a month I'm still getting hate about it and I know that it's always going to be brought up when someone mentions my name." Nessa explained her situation further and how she felt about it.

"I know that I made a huge mistake and it was very disrespectful and I apologize for it and I definitely learned from it and I know that before I post anything I make sure to run it through people first." Nessa spoke again.

Poppy nodded her head as she listened to her friend talk. "I understand completely and I hope that more people do after listening to this because it does take courage to talk about this controversy."

"I'm glad that you brought up hate comments because that's a big problem that has happened since the very beginning of social media, but it's become even worse when people start to get more followers and attention."

"People are very comfortable hating people when they're hiding behind their screen and love bringing down other people like yourself included. But if they were in person with the person they were hating on they wouldn't be as brave."

"So if you wouldn't say it to their face than don't hide behind a screen and say it because that isn't any better." Poppy finished as she notices the hate comments that she and her friends get about many things that actually hurts their feelings.

"Yes! I know that you know I call you crying sometimes about the things that people are saying and even doing me and you always make me feel better, but I don't want to feel that way in the first place." Nessa added to what Poppy was saying about hate comments.

"It's a terrible feeling and no one she feel that way and no matter how much people are against it there are always going to people who are never going to stop and that goes for anything that people are trying to stop in the world."

"Until everyone is on the same side nothing is going to get fixed. And I'm going to leave everyone with this question..." poppy spoke once again.

"How would you feel if you got thousands of hate comments about how you look, how you should look, being compared to other people, how you should kill yourself, and how you shouldn't have any friends or people to support you?" Poppy question before ending her podcast.

[ not edited]