CHAPTER FOURTEEN

why do these chapters for this book always turn out to be above 3k words omg sjjsksjsk

***

The next morning Jungkook woke up from a delicious smell coming from the kitchen, it smelled like eggs, bacon and fresh coffee. The boy tiredly stretched his arms, and still kept his eyes shut while nuzzling his head back into the pillows, getting even more comfortable in his warm, comfy bed. Today was a day off school, so he had no reason to wake up early.
It took him quite a while until he realized that someone was pulling the curtains apart to let the sunlight in, it tickled Jungkook's nose a little and made him finally open up his eyes.

His mother stood in the room with the brightest smile ever on her face, leaning against the window, "Good Morning sleepyhead", she chuckled and opened the window a bit to let fresh air in.
Jungkook's eyes firstly glanced over to the other side of his bed, letting out a sigh when he noticed that it was empty. After watching the stars last night, Taehyung had stayed over and they had talked all night. It was far after 3am when they fell asleep, tangled up onto each other with their hearts beating up to their throats, being this close made both boys equally nervous.
"He left again?", Jungkook asked his mother a little disappointed, "Goddamnit. I thought we were getting there", he murmured to himself as he sat up.

But his mother wouldn't stop grinning, "I think you should come downstairs", she said softly and then walked out of the room.
Kook's eyes went wide, she didn't seem pissed or anything-, what if Taehyung was-

Damn.

Jungkook jumped out of his bed faster than he ever did before, grabbed a pair of pants and a T-Shirt and then hurried downstairs, completely forgetting about his hair that still looked horribly after cuddling and rolling around all night.
He walked into the kitchen and his heart almost lost it at the sight he got to see. Taehyung stood there, wearing a huge pullover he had stolen from Jungkook's closet and kept cooking the bacon. "Hi", he said a little awkwardly, giving Jungkook a shy smile.
Mrs Jeon leaned in the door frame and just watched.

"You're still here", Jungkook breathed out relieved, getting heart eyes when he saw Taehyung blushing a little, eyes darting down to his feet. "Your Mom told me to stay for breakfast, so of course I'm still here", he said and Mrs Jeon grinned even brighter.

"He even came downstairs and helped me preparing it", she said, pride overcoming the woman. That was exactly what every man on this earth should have-, respect for his partner's mother and the attitude Taehyung was having; offering help and being kind towards elders.
She would lie if she'd say she didn't absolutely fall for this kid this morning-, of course not romantically but in a sense that he was just right for her son.
"Taehyung's amazing", she ended her sentence and then put the plates down on the table.

"Oh, is he?", Jungkook chuckled and then sat down at the table and waited for the food.
Taehyung finished the bacon and then walked over to the table and stopped in front of Jungkook, standing there awkwardly without an obvious reason to.

"What do you want?", Jungkook asked amused, looking up to Taehyung who seemed to be waiting for something, too shy to speak it out though. The older pouted his lips a little but then quickly turned away and sat down as well, cheeks burning red. "Nothing", he hurried to say and grabbed some egg and bacon to distract himself from the embarrassment that took over him.

Jungkook and his mother exchanged a look and laughed quietly, Taehyung was just too adorable.
"I'm still waiting for my good morning kiss tho", Jungkook then finally said to help Taehyung out of the embarrassing situation. Mrs Jeon sighed out, "Boys! Not at my table!"