Chapter 10

Quinn's POV 

     It's the start of prom week, Puck and I polls are still up 40% and I could not be happier. I am in love with the most beautiful girl in the world and I am going to win prom queen. I sat next to Rachel in glee club happily sitting in the front row with her. Lauren and Santana are rambling on about their prom dresses. Lauren says getting married is less important than winning prom queen and I finally snap. 

"Oh you can get married as many times as you want. You only get one shot at your junior prom." Lauren shuts up about the whole thing but Mercedes doesn't want to go to prom because nobody asked her, that's stupid just go with friends. Mr. Schue walks in 5 minutes late, I guess that's better than walking in 15 minutes late. He writes prom on the white board in big black letters. He says we are the prom and each of us will be singing a couple songs at prom. Rachel jumps with joy in her seat next to me. 

"Let's do run joey run." Rachel points out and I start laughing at her. That song was terrible and she swindled 3 guys in the making of it. The whole glee club looks at her like she is crazy and Mr. Schue carries on. We don't exactly have a choice and we all have to sing. Santana and I exchange a quick glance, we have been practicing 'take your breath away' for years. We will sing it at this prom and at the next one if we can, since its played at every school dance across the country. 

"Prom is a special right of passage." Mr. Schue says and grabs a stool to sit on. I look at Rachel, squeeze her hand and smile. This prom is my right of passage and I will be prom Queen. Rachel gives me and equally big smile and I see Finn across the room rolling his eyes and snickering at us. That guy needs to back off of us, I don't know why I dated him or why Rachel is still friends with him. Mr. Schue says he will stagger the performances and we have to pick songs out we want to sing at the prom. Mercedes slowly gets up and walks out of the room, it was barely a storm out if that. God I sound like Rachel. 

"Is she okay?" Mr. Schue asks us. 

"She doesn't have a date to prom." I interject. 

"So." Britt shrugs her shoulders. "I don't have a date, I'm just going to dance. Then all your dates are going to ignore you and dance with me. So your dates are really my dates." I turn and look at Brittany. I hold my hand up and wiggle my 4 fingers at her, her doing the same and making our fingers touch. Rachel shakes her head at our goofiness.  

"I'm going to go talk to Mercedes." Kurt, Wheezy's best friend calls to her rescue. 

"No let me." Rachel gets up from beside me and walks out. I watch her butt move in her skirt, damn she do got cake. I bite my lip and imagine last night when I got 2 fist fulls of it. Puck shoves my shoulder and I whip my head towards him. 

"Your leering is way to obvious." Puck stares at me. 

"Shut the fuck up Puckerman she's my girl I can do as I please." I turn back to Mr. Schue and he continues talking about prom night and what we are going to be doing. After a couple minutes Rachel texts me and says to meet her in the bathroom. Mercedes walks back in the room, I ask Mr. Schue to leave and he dismisses me. I find myself in a very familiar bathroom clutching Rachel close to me. 

"I made a prom plan with Mercedes." I eye her and look for the meaning of this. 

"Rachy baby what is that supposed to mean?" I drop my head to look less intimidating. 

"Well the plan is you, Mercedes and I, and Sam we are going to ask him later today, are going to go to the prom as a group." Anything to help a friend in need. These are the selfless moments I love Rachel for. I smile and nod as she continues explaining the plan. "Our budget is 20 dollars. We are going to go buy dresses down at the goodwill. We can walk to prom and get the all you can eat $8.99 pasta special at breadstix." I break out of Rachel's arms.