Chapter 1: Fiadh the Mac Tìre

~now~
Fiadh POV

"You can't defeat me..." My friend eòghan (Owen) yells as we sparred with swords, we've been friends with each other since we were young, he was the first kid to come up to me whilst were first learning about the Celtic gods. He's so brave, he also introduced me to playing an instrument called a pan flute. Eòghan was the first to know about what I am other than my mother Aoife, well I know she's not my real mother but she raised me and I can't remember much before that. "Fear me young warrior" I yell back, trying not get my adrenaline going too much, I still have a little trouble with control because there's never been another like me anywhere in this part of Ireland. "Fiadh.....Fiadh?! Eòghan..." I heard shames yell as he ran our way. We both stopped sparring, eòghan and I had been sparring so long that the sun was setting. "What is it shames? What's going on?" I ask barely out of breath placing my sword in its seethe, eòghan did the same. "V..Vikings...spotted off the coast of Dublin, think it's the ragnarsons of Norway" he says catching his breath. "Fucking Vikings, haven't they done enough? Granted the Irish have fought them off before, we can do it again" Eòghan explained, he has a strong hate towards them, at least they weren't Christians or the British.

 "Fucking Vikings, haven't they done enough? Granted the Irish have fought them off before, we can do it again" Eòghan explained, he has a strong hate towards them, at least they weren't Christians or the British

(Just imagine Dublin hasn't been taken over yet)

~ a little before the winter ~

Ivar POV

After not long arriving back in Kattegat, discovering my mothers death and my father is most likely dead by now. I was filled with so much anger that I wanted justice for my mothers death, my brothers sigaurd and ubbe made our way to the great hall to speak with Largatha. "She deserves death, she killed our mother!" I yell crawling towards the great hall. I had these metal rods to help drag myself quicker across the wooden floor boards, the crowd split to each side allowing me to get infront of the throne that Largatha was on, ubbe grabbed a small stool for me to sit on and leant over a little.

"Welcome Ivar" she says with little emotion remaining as strong as she is. "I've come here for justice, everyone know you killed my mother for no reason...except ambition" I said not breaking eye contact with her "there for I demand justice.." Ubbe placed his hand on my shoulder "Ivar.." He began to talk but I pushed his hand of me "don't touch me...coward". "He is not a coward but perhaps he understands things that you don't" Largatha stated getting up from the throne and stood in front of me. "I understand everything perfectly...you murdered my mother in cold blood, I want revenge.." I spoke lowly but then spoke up "I challenge you to single combat" the people around us began whispering to each other. (I may or may not be watching this scene from Vikings as I write this 😂)
"I refuse..." She says calmly, "you can't refuse.." I said back quickly, she began stepping back "I refuse to fight you Ivar lothbrok, son of Ragnar" then she returned to her throne, "why?.." I ask smugly, she looks at me "I don't want to kill you..", I smiled thinking she's stupid. "Who says you will kill me?" I chuckle lightly, "I do" she says remaining calm.
"Alright...don't fight me then, I don't care just as long as you know, that one day I will kill you Largatha...your fate is fixed" I said lowly before using the rods to crawl out of the great hall.