Chapter 3: how the little pigs will grunt....

~on the ship to England~

Fiadh POV

"Maybe the Mac Tíre will come save us?" "These Vikings have no right to do this to Ireland" "why did Fiadh have blood all over her face?" "That cripple is a monster, the blonde is a big brute..." "Where are we even going back too?" "Will the Mac Tíre destroy these Vikings?" , all these things people have muttered on the ship, I could hear them all. I would love to shift and kill these brutish Vikings, surprisingly they were all clean though, they never smelt disgusting apart from when they had the blood of people on them. I learnt the sons of Ragnar scent pretty quickly, the giant blonde smelt of soap and well...sadness, the light brown haired one who I think is called Ubbe he smelt of berries and the smoke from a fire thats slowly dimming, tall skinny one reeked of hormones and ale and the light ginger one that goes by Sigurd was much the same but the cripple guy he smelt like the forest and just something wild, He for some reason kept me close to him, he'd always yell or screams at me as if to try scare me into submission but my expression never changed most of the time, I wasn't scared of him and that seemed to piss him off. I lay against the side of the boat near where the cripple kept his things looking up at the sky trying to concentrate on the water below the boat than the other Irish people wishing for the Mac Tíre to appear and save them, I will, I'm just biding my time. A familiar dragging across the wooden floors and I got poked in my side, I looked over and sat up, it was the cripple. "Tell me what you know of this mysterious Mac Tíre, is it really a spirit? I don't think it is" he says in English surprisingly, I cleared my throat before speaking, I knew little English. "She...I mean it's more that a spirit...Mac Tíre protect the people of Ierland...from enemy...", he had a curious look on his face, I don't understand why he's always staring. "You said she.." He began to say, "make mistake...no she....it" I quickly say before pulling my knees up to my chest, I do that when I'm a bit nervous, hopefully he can't tell, these chains are starting to get uncomfortable, I raised my chained hands up Infront of him but he smacked my hands away. "You are a slave stupid, have you ever seen this Mac Tíre? What does it look like?" He questioned me.

Ivar POV

She raised her chained hands up to me, I'm guessing she wants free of them but I smacked them away. "You are a slave stupid, have you ever seen this Mac Tíre, what does it look like?" I asked. "Mac Tíre mean wolf....so look like wolf, black fur...eyes glow blue" she says, 'glowing blue eyes' I thought back to the ones I saw. She looked over to hearing some men terrorizing some women, she grew aggravated and one her hands balled up into a fist, she starts to get up to go to them but I pulled her back down harshly making her hit her head, she looked at me like how I look at Sigurd when he annoys me. "What are you going to do? Hmm..." I say looking back at her with a smirk, she pointed at the men and then smacked her fist onto the deck of the boat. I noticed there was a little blood on her hand, she didn't even cut herself on anything, that's a bit odd.

~now in England, scouting the battle field~

"She hates them as much as we do, maybe she'll fight for us, we've seen what she can do...although the bow man did injury her leg before..." Hvitserk said then gestured getting his head cut off, I looked over at her, she stood still looking off into the woods letting the light wind brush through her red hair. "We saw and Ivar felt it" Ubbe said lightly chuckling, I thought back to the decapitated head that she through at me for not paying attention. "Girl....come here now" I spoke a little loud trying to get her attention, she didn't move so Sigurd through his axe at her purposely missing her, she looked over a little startled "here now" I gestured for her to come forward, she strode over to us. "My brothers say you can fight, will you fight with us, will you fight the English" bjorn asked looking at as she stood by me.

Fiadh POV

"My brothers say you can fight, will you fight with us, will you fight the English" the blonde one asked as I stood by Ivar. I raised my arms up showing my still chained wrists and lightly shook them. "Answer first...." The cripple said. "Why I fight with you? What you offer " I questioned, "don't get smart with us girl..." the cripple said thumping where that bow men cut my leg, it'd healed ages ago but I acted like it hurt, I winced even though I felt nothing. "I fight...". They took the chains off my wrists, I rolled my wrists round stretching them out, some other slaves brought me armor to put on, not that I'd need it. Floki walked over to me and he had on war paint covering the top half of his face, "so you fight for us now?" He questioned "not for..with, what are their names? The ragnarsons" I asked as put the Viking armor on my torso and shoulders. "The blonde is bjorn Ironside, he is the oldest and those two are Sigurd and hvitserk and the one talking to Ivar on the chariot is Ubbe" he explained, "why his legs not work? How is he to fight?" I say looking at Ivar and thinking of the times I've seen him crawl with his lifeless legs behind him. "He was born like that, I helped raise him and taught him to be a Viking" floki explained, "what are you exactly? How has your leg healed so quickly?" He quickly added as he poked my leg. "It was not a big wound floki, think nothing else of it" I said before walking off and bumping into a large man that was known as bezerker he grunted and looked down on me and knocked me on my shoulder as he went past me, little did he notice that my foot was in his way which sent him tumbling to the ground, I laughed and strode over to Ivar on his chariot but then him and bjorn took off. "Where they go?" I asked Sigurd who was laughing at what I just did. "What makes you think you can talk to me women?!" He spat at me, "my name is Fiadh, Fiadh of Tara...I talk to who I want" I say proudly, "no you are Fiadh of nothing, we own you now..."he began saying then he grabbed my hair and pulled me lower than him..."you are like the animals we farm to eat, you are nothing but something to warm beds" he says glaring at me, I glared straight back thinking 'I can easily take him down', I reached for a small knife I had hidden by my boot and raised it to his gut then he yanked my hair more and punched my side and kicked where he thought my leg was injured and held my knife and ran at him but Ubbe got in the way. "Stop it both of you now, fia...whatever your name is, go wait there and do not move till Ivar returns, it is clear that you are his slave so stay with him, I will not be this kind next time" he said pulling me away from Sigurd who was smirking.