the next day

After a few hours you end up waking up and yawning before looking around, not realizing where you were now. It takes a few moments for you to stop being so groggy and you realize where you are, new Albacore hotel, "oh..." you mumble, tiredly and you then get up and grab your weapon off the floor and put it away so you can leave your room, and you look for your shoes only to realize you were wearing them, "seriously?" You groan, "I seriously fell to sleep with these things on?" You then scold yourself for a few moments before shrugging and then you look at your tentacles, huh, you didn't take the style out... you just shrug before leaving the room and going down to the first floor and you then leave the hotel and look around for a place to eat.... But you end up running into Gloves instead and he looks at you, "hey! What's up [Y/N]? You got a good night's sleep?"

You stare at Gloves and nod, smiling, and Gloves notices, and he smiles back, "so [Y/N], how did you like your first day in the square?" You nod, "I really like it! It's... So much bigger than the plaza! There's even that dance dance game!" Gloves nods, "yeah, pretty neat, isn't it?" You nod, and Gloves says something, "so, you hungry?" You look at him and shake your head, "no, I'm not. I Al-" your stomach growls, and you go quiet, and Gloves smirks slight before laughing a bit, "you sure you're not? Because your stomach says otherwise. Heh..." You stare at him, "well.. shut up! I know if I'm hungry or not!" Gloves nods but laughs a bit still, "okay, [Y/N]... So do you know if your hungry or not?" You go quiet and roll your eyes, "yes I know..." Gloves nods, "then-?" You cut Gloves off, "yes, now shut up, I'm hungry and I can't find a good place, help me please." Gloves nods and he then takes you to the café and goes in, you Followed Gloves over to the café and followed him in.

You look around the café and notice the bake goods, and sandwiches... And the food.. the drinks... Your stomach growls again, and Gloves looks at you, "oh, want to get some food from here?" You quickly nod and then look back at Gloves, "do I have to uh.. pay?" Gloves stares at you, "if you want to, if not, it's my treat, my welcome treat for you. Is that cool?" You nod, "it's cool! Thanks Gloves!" Gloves smiles and nods, you then look at the foods and drinks, and then order what you want, and Gloves orders what he wants and he pays for the food and then he sits down, you then sit down across from him, gloves puts down his Headphones, "and now we have to wait." You nod and then you both just sit and wait for the food to be finished.

After a bit the food and the drinks you two ordered comes and Gloves goes and picks them up and then gives you the stuff that you ordered and he sits back down, across from you and he starts eating the sandwich he ordered, and you start drinking your drink, as you do that, you, at some point, unknowingly start staring at Gloves, thinking about what's going now, "wait.... Is this... A coffee date????" You end up choking on your drink and Gloves looks at you, "woah! Woah! Woah! [Y/N]?! Are you okay?!" You just start coughing and gloves goes to the counter to ask for a glass of water, quick, and they give him a glass of water and he quickly comes back over and he asks you to drink the water, and you do so, and stop choking after a bit, "ah, dear cod.. that was horrible..." You groan as you say this, and Gloves sighs a sigh of relief, "thank cod you didn't pass out. I wouldn't want a newbie like you to pass out... Hahaha..." Gloves laughs, nervously, and you stare at him, "gloves, are you... Alright?" Gloves looks at you and nods, "yeah, I'm alright, don't worry. Oh, also I have a question for you, [Y/N]..." You look at him, "yeah? What is it, Gloves?"

Gloves pulls up one of his gloves, "are we friends? Would you call us friends? If not, it's cool." You stare at Gloves before thinking for a few moments, "well... You just saved my life... You showed me around the square... You helped me pick out new clothes.... You helped me pick out a new weapon... Hmmm I think we are friends." Gloves smiles, "ah, that's good, I have other friends, and I'm glad to have another friend." You nod and smile, Gloves then keeps eating his sandwich, "anyways.. you should finish your food and drink... And there's an upcoming tournament.. but Straps can't join as she got hurt.. want to sub for her?" You stare at Gloves before nodding, "oh! Sure!" Gloves smiles, "great! The tournament is starting in a few minutes!" You smile and nod and start eating your food.