Gloves...?

It was over 3 months by this point, you had started losing all hope that they'll find Gloves and you just stayed in your room in the hotel all day and night, losing someone Important someone you... Cared about... Someone who was nice to you even when you were a jerk...

After a while, you finally got up and cleaned up and left your hotel room for the first time in forever.... You look around and everyone's so happy... Nothing happened... You just sigh and head to the café and order some food and something to drink, after it gets to you, you sit down where you and Gloves always sat and you stare where he use to sit, even though it's been over 3 months.... You still remember the last words Gloves said to you, and thought about it, "...I love you..." You say to yourself, and sigh, "he wanted me to save everyone... Save Callie and the zapfish.... ...but why did he have to be my trade off..? Why.. I still haven't gotten over his... Death.. I guess... I've been subbing for him, for his team, his team is even starting to wonder where he is..." You realize you've been talking to yourself for a good few minutes now and you sigh, "ugh I'm talking to myself..." You mumble and you just lay your head down and yawn, "gosh I'm tired.... I've been staying up all night, getting no sleep because I can't help but to feel like I caused this to happen, maybe if I hadn't dragged him in with me... He would still be here with me today..."

You cry quietly to yourself, you just want him back... Even though you can live without him, you just feel guilty.... Someone's voice broke into your thoughts, "hey, are you okay?" The voice asked, the voice... Seems familiar... It might just be you, but it's familiar... You then say something without looking up, "yeah... I'm fine... Do you want my seat..? If you do... You can have it..."

You hear a slight chuckle and then someone sitting down across from you, "I don't want your seat. There was one open in front of you, so what's going on? Why are you sitting here all alone?" You still don't look up and sigh, "I'm sitting alone with my thoughts... I'm just thinking about how my friend... My friend.. died..." The voice sounds a bit sad now, "oh.. I'm sorry that.. your friend died.. what was their name anyways?" You sigh, "does it really matter? He died during hero work.. nobody would really care... But his name is gloves.. wait what's your name?"

The voice disappears but then makes a small chuckle which makes it seem like his smiling too, "Gloves." You laugh, "that's rich... Using my dead friend's name.. what's your actual name..?" They chuckle a bit more, "no, it really is Gloves." They seem to place a hand on your hand, a familiar feeling... A glove... You go quiet, and think if this is the real gloves, you then say something, "if your name is Gloves.. and you are who I think you are... What is my name..?" They smile, "you're name is [Y/N]." You go quiet, it's impossible for anyone to really know your name, but you still don't believe that it's actually Gloves and look up at him, only to realize that... It actually is gloves, but he seems to have a ink burn over his right eye and he seems semi blind, "hi, [Y/N]," Gloves then smiles, "it's been awhile. I'm sorry."

You stare at him, in disbelief, and you start crying, "g-gloves.. i-i can't believe you're alive... Why did it take s-so long..?" Gloves smiles, "it took so long because I had to fight a few octarians while the squid sisters came looking for me, I was in a hard area people couldn't normally get too.." you stare at him and keep crying, "what... What happened to your eye..? Your.. your face.." gloves sighs, "oh yeah.. that that enemy ink actually really burnt. But at least I look even COOLER now, huh?" Gloves smiles again, and you smile a bit, "I'm.. I'm just glad to have you back... Gloves.. don't do that ever again! I should've been the one taking that hit!" Gloves smiles, "sorry. But I just thought protecting you would be much better, but I'm back now and I don't think we'll be called for another mission for a while."

You nod, "I guess so... But don't do that again! But I have something to tell you..." Gloves looks at you, "yeah? What's that?" You smile, "I love you too..." Gloves smiles back and he wipes your face off.

The End.