2

Sorry for the short first chapter, this one'll be longer.

After picking out the shards of glass from my shoulder and neck in the small bathroom, I got dressed, brushed my teeth and made my way to school. That morning encounter costed me some time, but I sprinted and got there five minutes before the bell rang. Ned and I do our handshake and MJ greets me with a 'sup loser' before heading inside. The school day went by as usual; occasionally getting hit by balls of paper (Flash, obviously), didn't eat at lunch because May doesn't send me with money, but we did have a test. It was kinda out of nowhere, though. In science, the teacher said we were talking a pop test, but when I looked at the paper, there was more than just science questions on there. What kind of test is this?

The test was a little hard, but not extremely difficult. Usually, the tests we have are super easy, so I was kinda surprised. After double checking my answers, I looked at the clock to see how much time has passed. It was only thirty minutes. I considered waiting until other people started to turn in their tests, but soon decided to turn it in now. People already thought I was weird, so it didn't matter that much. I walked up to the teachers desk and placed my paper in the corner, smirking when I heard whispers of confusion from behind me. Ned finished not long after that, and we thought nothing more of it.

After another thirty minutes of reading Bruce Banner's books, the bell finally rang. I piled in my stuff from my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. I grunted in pain as the cuts rubbed against the heavy weight of the bag. Ned looked up worriedly.

"Uh, don't worry, it's just a h- heavy backpack." I tried to add a nonchalant chuckle, but it ended up sounding nervous.

Shifting the weight of the back onto my other shoulder, Ned and I headed out, excited for the end of the day. Ned said he had to pick a book up from the library, so I waited by the front door. I was excited for my job at Delmars; I loved working there. That is, until my spidey sense kicked in and I tensed, waiting for a hit. It came down hard. Unsurprisingly, the person that threw the punch was Flash. Of course, just my luck.

Like usual, he shoved me against the lockers and punched me in the gut a couple of times. He kicked me in the kneecap with a deafening snap and I grunted through my teeth. He pushed me down and called his goons to come beat me up. I was in a fetus position on the floor, hands over my head while they kicked every part of my that they could reach. After a while, thank god, they got bored and ran off to do whatever.

Ned and MJ wonder why I don't fight back, especially when I could easily kick them across the room. If I fight back, and they stay off of me, they'll find someone else to do this to, and it would kill me to know that someone else would have to deal with this. So, I just let it happen. I heal super quickly anyways. Well, I'm healing like a normal person now because I haven't eaten anything for a week, but I'm okay.

I pick myself off of the floor to see Ned opening the door, returning from the library. I stand up, and nearly fall over at the pain that shot up my leg. I forgot Flash did that. I waved off Ned's questioning glances and we walked out of school together. Well, limped for me, I guess.

.........

I sigh contentedly as I heat up a hoagie for a young customer. I smile when she reaches over and pets the Mr. Delmar's cat, Murph. It's crazy how that one, tiny little mammal puts a huge grin on her face. She coos softly at him before accepting the sandwich from me.

"Thank you Mr. Peter!" She exclaims gratefully.

My heart practically melts for her. "Of course Amy! Anything for the birthday girl!" I smile widely and give her hair a little russel, which she giggles at. Her mother looks happily at me.

"You're a great kid, Peter." She says fondly.

"Anyone who doesn't give a free hoagie to a little girl on her birthday is a criminal, so..." I joke around with her.

She laughs and waves as she walks away. "By Mr. Peter!" Amy shouts.

"By Amy!" I respond.

God I love this job.

.......

"No! May! I'm sorry I really didn't-" I'm cut off with a slap to the face.

"I don't want to hear your sorry excuses." She hisses. "I texted you five times to come home! What if there was a robber? What if I needed help? Actually, you were useless with your uncle, so I'm glad you didn't come." She adds a punch to the temple.

Uh oh. Now she was thinking about Ben. She'll just get more and more angry as she talks. Nononononononononononono I need to go on patrol tonight. Why did she even want me home in the first place? She leaves suddenly, worrying me, considering the last time she did that shards of glass visited the inside of me. But she goes to the kitchen and opens a drawer.

My eyes widen as she approaches me with a knife. To scared to speak or move, I watch silently as she lifts her arms up to my torso. She drags it sharply along my left breast, leaving a trail of scarlet liquid seep into the shirt. I whimper in pain as she leaves cuts along my abdomen and arms, slowly making her way to my legs. I just watch her. I watch as the cuts she made bleed into my pants and shirt.

"Your a waste of space!" Got it. Try to take up as little space as possible. "You'll never be anything!" Got it. Work as hard as I can all the time. "You don't deserve anything anyone gives you!" Got it. Make sure you've done something to earn everything. "You take too much!" Got it. Don't take anything. "Be grateful I even give you a place to live! No one will ever want you!" Got it. Never stay in someone's presence for too long, I'll just bother them. "You're greedy!" Got it. Never ask for anything. "You're a nuisance to everyone!" Got it. Don't speak. "You poor, skinny, ugly, inconsiderate, stupid boy!" She screamed as she punched me over and over again. "Worthless!" Somehow I ended up on the floor with her looming over me.

I deserve this. May is in pain. She deserves to take it out on something.

Someone

1150 words