7

Aye 100 reads! Thanks my bbs!

I lie awake staring up at the closet ceiling, rag between my teeth to dampen the screams of terror inevitable to come. I feel tears wetting my skin as I relive every insult, kick, punch, and scream delivered to me.

I want out.

So bad.

But I can't.

........

Eventually I must have sobbed myself to sleep, because I woke up with a pulsing headache. I was surprised to find I had no nightmares, though I guess I was too preoccupied with Aunt May. I shuddered, only remembering now that she had taken the blanket and pillow away. Shakily, I slowly forced my body into a standing position, checking the time. It was only 5:00 and I couldn't shower the night before, so I limped onto the cold tile of the bathroom, not excited for the ice water on my injuries. I shrug off my bloodied clothes and turned the nob of the shower. As I let my tense shoulders relax under the suds of the soap and water, I tried to avoid my memories of the hours before. This time, she had used some sort of blunt object, but I couldn't tell you what. I could barely see anything through my tears and the cigarette smoke.

Shivering, I gingerly stepped out into the unwelcoming atmosphere and into a towel. I brushed my teeth and hair, then changed. My thin jacket was going to do jack shit considering how thin it is, and the holes dotting the fabric definitely didn't help. At least I have the internship today. I'll finally get to work with Mr. Stark!

Accompanied by my newfound optimism, I snatched my bag and walked out the front door. I suppose 'walk' isn't the best way to describe it; it looked more like a Walker. Honestly, those zombies were probably more elegant than me. I chuckle at the comparison as I 'walked' onto the campus.

"Sup loser."

"Hey Peter!" Ned turned to walk with me, but did a double take. "Hey, man. Are you okay? You're walking weird."

"Um, it's just patrolling. I'm kinda sore." I lie through my teeth, surprised at how genuine it sounded. I mean, technically I was sore, it just wasn't all from patrolling.

We walk side by side into the doors. "Huh, ok. Hey! How was the internship?!" He fanboys.

I smile at his giddiness. "Well, I was assigned to deliver coffee and food and write summaries for shit, but now I'm helping Mr. Stark in his lab!"

Ned looks like he's about to faint, while MJ has an amused look on her face. "Nice job man." She gives me a fist bump. Ned is still mumbling incoherently when we reach the door to our first class.

I feel exhausted. My super healing is basically non-existent since I haven't eaten for like a week and a half. My body is shaking, and I can only assume it's from overuse. Throughout the day, I allow my body to go on autopilot so that I could try and make sense of the thoughts crowding my mind. It's not until the end of science class that I'm rudely pulled from my dream-like state with a push from behind.

"Not now, Flash. Please." I say tiredly, not even bothering to look back as I stumble my way towards my locker.

"You gonna beg, Penis?" He teases. Suddenly, I'm slammed up against the wall, Flash's hands pushed against my shoulders. "How's that Stark Internship treating you?" He says lowly, head inches away from my face. I can smell his breath due to my heightened sense of smell. Gross. Refusing to let go of my dignity, I stay silent. That, apparently, was the wrong answer for him. I let out a yelp of pain when a fist meets my face. He proceeded to- well, the usual. Beat me up for however long, and then leave like nothing happened. And of course, today happened to be the one day that MJ and Ned didn't pass by me. We don't have last period together, but they usually stop by the library, which is where I am.

"Pathetic." I say to myself, quoting May. I wince as I raise myself to my feet, repeating what she said the night before under my breath. I pull my hoodie over my hair and bowed my head in attempt to hide my swelling face. "Stupid, worthless, weak, selfish, poor, purposeless-"

"Kid?"

I jump, not realizing I had almost walked into a car. Looking up, I see a man with blackish, grayish hair and goatee. "Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't see you and I was distracted I should've paid attention again I'm so sorry I just-"

"Kid, it's fine. Are you Peter Parker?" The man interrupted.

"I -uh, yes, why?" I asked, confused.

"Get in." He said in a monotonous voice.

I stuttered, hesitant to just jump in a strangers's -very expensive looking- car.

"Y'know, Hap, that sounded really sketchy." A voice came from the back of the car.

I laughed in agreement. My laughter was soon cut off by a familiar-looking billionaire stepping onto the ground before him.

My hoodie falls off as I raise my head, no longer caring about the bruise that was undoubtably noticeable. Before I could force out a greeting, he spoke.

"Hey kid."

........

Tony's POV

After seeing Peter leave, I decide I should probably finish some upgrades to the newest suit.

"Alright, you guys can serve yourselves, I'm gonna go work in the lab." I said with a wave of a peace sign. I got a bunch of mumbles from the team, so I assumed they had heard me. I greedily snatched the hoagie and munched on it, smiling proudly at my enjoyment for cheaper things. I stepped into the elevator sleepily after not having slept the night before. I feel it descend for a short couple of seconds and open with a ding. As soon as I stepped out, I hear Friday's voice fill the room.

"Sir, Mr. Peter Parker asked me to inform you of an incorrect equation on the whiteboard. He has written the correct answer on the paper in the corner of your desk."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. There's no way that a high school kid is correcting me, Tony Stark, a genius. No way. Disbelieving and annoyed, I walk over to my desk and pick up the paper, comparing his work with my own.

Holy shit.

Okay so I know this chapter is super uneventful and short, but I'm with family out of town. More accurately, I'm either not on my phone, or surrounded by people, and I don't have enough social anxiety to spare. So... until next time my bbs!

1083 words