10

Thanks so much for 1k reads! Also, be prepared for a really unresearched science scene.

I was not prepared for that. It hurts to talk about him. It reminds me of how defenseless I was. I can feel a panic attack coming, so I try to subdue it by taking a breath, closing my eyes. When I open them, Mrs. Romanoff hadn't moved, so I just shake my head. I could've stopped him. I could have defended myself. I could have, but I didn't. What kind of hero freezes when they're scared?

She nods understandingly and we walk back into the kitchen area. I still have my head down and Mrs. Romanoff has a hand on my shoulder, guiding me.

I look up and she leaves my side. 'I'm really sorry Mr. Stark. I know I wasted a lot of your time.'

He sends me a confused look. "Kid, you were starving. Plus, you got to meet Capsicle."

Shifting my gaze to Steve, I apologize for taking his food.

"Don't worry about it. Hey, we never got your name."

'Peter Parker.'

"Oh! You're the kid that got a one hundred on the test, right?"

I nod and look back down at the floor. He told them about me?

Mrs. Romanoff taps me on the shoulder and hands me a mug full of a dark purple liquid. When did she have time to make that? "Chug this. Your voice will be back in ten minutes or so." She noticed my puzzled look and explains, "It's specially designed for your... situation." I nod and drink the lukewarm drink in one gulp.

Mr. Stark pipes up. "Hey kid, how about we go to the labs, get some work done? It's only like 4:40." I'm thankful he's avoiding the obvious questions.

I put the now empty mug in the sink and smile excitedly. I'm finally going to work with Mr. Stark! 'Yes please!' He smiles and I follow him back into the elevator.

"Floor 89, Fri."

"Of course, Boss." She obeyed. I was scared she was going to expose me in front of him, point out my injuries, but she didn't.

The doors open and I'm greeted with a familiar sight. The equation on the board has been corrected. I unknowingly bounce on the balls of my feet, ecstatic to be in the Tony Stark's lab.

I see him smile at me out of my peripheral. "M'kay kid, lets get started." He leads me over to a large table. There are blue prints and tools scattered over the clear material. A small space is cleared at the corner with a gauntlet and a blue circle. "I'm trying to make the blast range further, and the impact stronger." He says, gesturing to the mess on the table.

I look at it and analyze it. 'May I look at it closer?' I sign to him.

"Of course, kid. They're not dangerous apart, so as long as you don't put pressure here-" he hovers a finger over a spot on the back. "-you should be fine."

I nod as I make my way closer. Taking apart the pieces, I see that the transporting tube is tiny in compromise to the size of the gauntlet. I face him. 'Well, if you increased the size of the gauntlet by a little, you could make the main tube larger. This way, you would have more range because there would be a larger blast, and since it's not really an object, it wouldn't stop until it hit something, or extreme temperatures.'

He looked at me in shock. "How did you know that?"

Because I fangirled over all of your books and videos, studied them and found out how all of your technology worked by trial and error. 'I read some of your books.'

He sent me a smile. "Uh huh. So! What about power?"

I looked at it again. 'Well, you could send a really high voltage shot, but that would damage the inside, considering the matter is stronger than the material of your suit. So, if you replaced the gauntlet material with tungsten, it would be able to withstand it due to its yield and impact strength. But, tungsten is heavy, so it would be unnefficient.' I take a minute to think. Oh! I got it. 'If you alloyed aluminum and titanium, the yield strength would be able to withstand the temperatures, and the impacts strength would protect you from outside forces.' I explain.