The Night Before Christmas

“Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
Twin brothers were lying in their beds without care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
Jacob and Joshua were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of each other danced in their heads.”

Santa watched as the two boys slept in their own beds that night knowing what the other wanted more than anything. Both had wished for just one night with the other. Just one night where they could do whatever they wanted without fearing what the other might think. One night without any repercussion of the regular world. One night of love.

Usually this would be a job for cupid but he decided to push both boys in the same direction. So with a pinch of his magic Santa caused them to share one dream; a dream of love, lust, and holiday cheer. With a mighty “Ho.Ho.Ho.” Santa was off into the night as the twins’ dream took flight.

Joshua and Jacob suddenly found themselves in a beautiful room, which was not their own, which glowed with the warm Christmas lights and decorations. They were surrounded by the soft humming of Christmas carols in the background and smell of pine trees filling up the room. The twin boys lay on the ground sporting the Christmas themed boxers that they wore to bed, Jacob in a red satin pair of boxers and Joshua in a pair with reindeers littering the front and back.

Both had the same intense blue eyes staring at each other as they sat up from the floor. Jacob pushed his long black hair from in front of his eyes as Joshua ran his fingers through the bangs in the front of his face, pushing it to the side. Both began to scoot closer to the other trying to figure out what was going on.

Jacob was more reserved then his brother, usually hiding how he really felt behind a façade that only certain could see through. He was openly gay and had more than one experience with the same sex. He loved being able to go out freely with different guys but the one guy he truly wanted to be with was the one he couldn’t have.

Joshua was more carefree and loved to be the clown. He could make anyone smile just hearing him laugh. He was bisexual and loved the attention he got from both genders but more than anything he wanted someone special to take notice of him but just knew that it would never happen…until tonight.

This wasn’t like an ordinary dream. It somehow felt real to the both of them. Somewhere deep in their subconscious they knew that something was off. What they didn’t know is that this would be the night to change their overall relationship with each other.

“Jacob what’s going on?” Joshua asked.

“Does it matter?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I’m in a gorgeous room with my favorite person on Earth right now. I don’t care why or how I’m just going to enjoy it.”

“I guess you’re right…” Joshua trailed off looking around the room. Looking up his eyes widened when he realized where they were sitting. With a wicked smile already spreading across his face he looked back down at his unsuspecting brother for just a minute before grabbing the back of his neck, pulling him forward, and smashing his lips to his brother’s. It took a minute for the shock to wear off before Jacob began kissing him back. Their lips moved in a special rhythm that only they knew.