Memories never change.

It’s a good thing I feel, being nervous. You know what, people who are confident find it difficult to fall in love sometimes. Oh gosh! I write it wrong. We were into love, right?  Maybe we are far beyond love.
I still remember those days when we used to go to our favorite café. Yeah, it was your favorite place, because you like that red velvet cake of that café too much. I like to spend time in that café. They stopped serving that cake you liked much. But I still visit that place often. I sit down in a corner with memories. Those memories run n in front of my eyes like a 3D movie. I can feel your presence there. That very first meeting of our in that café, that ivory dress you wore the way you tucked your hair behind your ear. You seemed to be nervous, so I am.
Did you forget all the time that we spent together in this café? I still remember every moment that we spent here. The memories we created. I would love to celebrate our birthdays here as we used to do. I would like to read all those poems which you have written for me. Don't you miss those days when we sit there in the corner and I write short stories of us? I do.
Weren't we in love? I know I definitely was, still am. How could you let go? Maybe you got confident. Maybe you cut your hair short. I still come here, sit in our favorite spot, because unlike us, memories never change.

©Vivek_vk