Chapter Twenty-Four

The small seaside port of Beamosa was awash with the usual Saturday buzz of plans being made between friends and lovers, group gatherings and first dates.  The party of the season was the main topic of conversation on most teenage lips, and this was going to be a special Saturday night for one young man in particular.  Park Jimin, social zero had snagged a date with a social ten, Jeon Jungkook.  Jimin had made himself a bit of a household name merely by association unbeknown to him, and most of the younger population from both sides of the track were anticipating said event.   A nerd, a social pariah crossing the boundary into the glorious realms of popularity, it was unheard of, especially in this little backwards town.

Jungkook wasn't sure, he just wanted to get it over with and come out the other side with his pride intact, and a new found respect from his former, possibly to be reconciled with, boyfriend.  He'd explained to Tae during their recent telephone exchanges that just clicking his fingers wouldn't get him back, and that he was going to go on the date with Jimin regardless.  He'd been surprised to say the least when Tae had said he understood and that he wanted Jungkook to realise he was trying to change.  He didn't see Jimin as a threat, and promised him nothing would 'go down' at the party, at least not from him, which hadn't done much for Jungkook's nerves.   

He looked good, just the way Tae liked him, soft skin, hair swept to the side and very light makeup enhancing his already flawless features.  He'd wanted to make an effort for Jimin, the poor boy had been nothing but a perfect gentleman from the get go, and deserved his full attention this evening.  Besides, he was seeing Tae later and if he said there wasn't a little pay back involved for the way he'd been treated, he'd be lying, and he wanted to look flawless in the process.  He finished his look with light khaki trousers, a light blue dress shirt with the top two buttons undone, flashing his smooth olive skin, and a smart Navy jacket.  He smelled good with extra cologne on his pulse points and behind his ears, and a small hoop earring to finish off the sharp look. 

On the far side of the tracks Yoongi was preparing for his own part in his best friends plans.  He'd spoken to a nervous Jimin over the phone and reassured him that he'd procured a set of wheels, and that he would be chauffeuring the pair around in on their date, and to calm down for fucks sake.  He was freshly showered and shaved, removed the many skull chains and cross earrings that formed part of his normal attire, opting for a pair of simple studs.  Styling his bleached hair into a side parting and wearing black dress trousers, a smart white shirt to cover his tattoos and a tie.  He grimaced at himself in the mirror, never had he looked so 'normal' he sneered as he added a fine line of kohl to under his eye, feeling like he was attending his own funeral. 

In his own home Jimin sang in the shower, he was feeling a little brighter after his pep talk earlier from Yoongi, and sighed with a butterfly fuelled nervousness, a shower cap protecting his new 'do'.  Yes sir, tonight was the night, he would make Jungkook realise...  Suddenly the water running from the shower turned ice cold.  "Hey" he shouted in astonishment, looking down he saw a hairy hand at the water controls.  He whipped the shower curtain aside, grabbing a towel and wrapping around his waist.  Standing there was his father looking angrier than Jimin had ever seen him in his entire life.  "Get dressed" he said, the neck veins threatening to bulge, "I want to talk to you.. Now".  

Instantly Jimin knew it was the money, no question, he sensed it in the way his father was barely holding on to his emotions as he turned and marched out of the bathroom.  After quickly drying himself, he slipped on some shorts and his robe and made his way to his bedroom where Mr Park was waiting, his heart banging wildly in his chest.  His father was breathing nasally looking out of Jimin's window, lost in his own thoughts and obviously trying to remain calm.  "I want to know what's going on" he said turning towards his son. Jimin said nothing, hoping he was wrong and this was nothing to do with the money he'd withdrawn.