{Fear}

Its a strange feeling to be so fearful of the unknown, at least it should be, I guess always being in a state of fear growing up can make you numb to the feeling.
Don't get me wrong, you still get afraid you just don't recognize it.
Depending on the situation that made you numb it might have also slowed your right or flee reaction and trust me that's not a good thing.
But than yet you might also be more aware of your surroundings and can recognize the danger before it happens...
As we road into our valley of literal, shadow of death, I feared evil.
Can't blame me, I wasn't raised by people that tought me that there is one greater that protects me.
Here I go getting ahead of myself again...
Bryan was holding onto me as if I could vanish at any moment.
I could feel his heart pounding in his chest against my back.
"Why is this your only route to your home if its dangerous?" I asked trying to get his mind off the area where we were.
"It's not.
There are safer ways, its just the easiest more direct way from where we were.
We don't have the gear and supplies for a long journey around." Bryan mumbled as he held me closer, if that was possible.
I turn thirteen in a few days and for the first time, I think I have a crush.
His smell is intoxicating and he is so handsome.
I mean if I didn't know better, I would say he was an angel, that's how perfect and strong he looks.
I guess he is probably fifteen or maybe older.
A soft giggle from him broke me off my thoughts.
"Did you just sniff me?" He whispered in my ear and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.
I know I was blushing like a tomato.
"It's fine, I don't mind.
Tho we need to wait till your older.
I'm fourteen in two days." Bryan surprised me on how close in age we are.
"I turn thirteen in four days." I said looking back at him.
"I thought you were like eleven." Bryan laughed.
"I thought you were fifteen or older like my brothers." I giggled.
We kept each others minds of our surroundings for awhile, that was until this horrible shrieking sound that could freeze your blood, filled the woods.
"Nightwalkers!" Scofield said as he tried to break free of his bonds.
"Calm down." Noah ordered.
"Calm down!?
This is way worse than the scavengers living here.
They literally steal your soul.
I might be a killer and kidnapper but I'm not stupid.
I know we are no match for them, at least let Bash back in, that moron was never on our side.
Trust me I know." Scofield said as he panicked.
"Noah I think we might need their help if we want to get out of here." I heard Jake say as he looked in the direction of the sound that was this time ear piercing, the horses were even reacting.
Bryan's horse stepped not even an inch off the trail when suddenly we were surrounded by men in what looked like burial cloths that were actually taken from a dead person, it looked like rags wrapping them almost like a mummy and the smell coming from them was enough to make you loose your lunch.
Bryan tried to keep his horse steady but before we knew it was were knocked off.
Laying dazes and confused on our backs I could hear my brothers screaming for me.
Jasper was able to get the wagon closer, his horses standing over us as if protecting us.
Not sure when or how but Scofield and the other two where out helping us to our feet and into the wagon.
"I told you." Scofield grumbled.
Noah looked annoyed at the fact they were free but decided against arguing about it.
"You can do what you do to help but once we are out your getting back in that wagon." Noah grumbled as he put Kit inside with me.
"New plan, kids get inside the wagon, warrior suit up.
Bash your on probation." Noah warned.
Jasper got Knap inside with us, they said we are safer in here.