eight

Jungkook's pov

It was a few hours later and Jungkook was closing up the cafe.

He was nervous about his date with Taehyung. He didn't know what to expect from his ex lover.
What if he doesn't even come and he left again.

He was brought away from his thoughts when he heard the door open. "Sorry, we're closing."

There was a chuckle. "I know, I'm here for you."

Jungkook looked up at the familiar voice and tried to contain a smile.

Taehyung smiled at the boy. He could tell the other was happy to see him.

"I'll be done in a few minutes." Jungkook answered quickly.

"No rush. We have all night."

After that few minutes passed, Jungkook clocked out and moved towards Taehyung. "Ok I'm ready."

"Perfect, let's go." Taehyung yet again smiled at the boy.

The two were walking out side to Taehyung's car in a comfortable silence.

Soon jungkook cleared his throat. "So where are we going?" He said as he made his way to the passenger side.

Taehyung followed him and went to open the door for him.

Jungkook got in with a slight blush on his cheeks, saying a quiet thank you.

"It's a surprise." Taehyung said while closing the door with a smirk.

Jungkook felt his heart flutter at that smirk. He hadn't seen it in so many years.

During the drive, Jungkook could not stop looking over at the other. He looked extra attractive while he was driving. When they were in college neither of them had cars, so this was a new experience.

Taehyung's veins were slightly popping out of his arms when he did a turn and his eyes were focused intently on the road.

I think he has gotten buffer since college. Ugh this is making it really hard to just see him a a friend.

Jungkook didn't even noticed that they had reached their destination.

"Ok, we're here." Taehyung looked over to catch Jungkook already staring at him. "Have you been starring at me?" He said in a cocky voice.

Jungkook snapped his eyes away from the attractive male and looked through the window.

What he saw surprised him.

"Are we at the Han River?" He asked and looked back at Taehyung, confused.

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck, becoming nervous all of a sudden. "Um yeah. I just - I mean this is where we had our first date. So I thought we could come back."

Jungkook didn't answer. He didn't know how to answer. He had never expected Taehyung to take him where they had their first date.

Taehyung panicked. "We can go somewhere else if you want? Or I can take-"

"No!" Jungkook said kinda loudly. "I mean. This is great." He smiled at Taehyung and moved to get out of the car.

Taehyung followed suit and the two started to walk.

"There's that convenience store that we always went to. We could get some snacks?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook nodded. "That sounds perfect."

When they made it to the store, they said hello to the worker and started to look around.

"You can get whatever you want. I'm paying."

Jungkook smiled widely at the other. "Even more perfect. Free food."

Taehyung chuckled at the boy.

Jungkook went around and started picking up different chips and sweets. When he was satisfied, he went to look for Taehyung.

Taehyung was by the drinks with a basket in his hands.

"Here, I picked these out." Jungkook placed the snacks into the basket without a thought. But when he saw what was already in it, he paused and looked up at his ex lover.

"Banana milk?"

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck again. "Uh yeah. I remember how much you loved it."

When Jungkook didn't answer, Taehyung placed his hand on the small of his back, pushing him towards the register. "Let's check out, then we can eat these by the river."

Jungkook was still dazed.

Taehyung still remembers. He actually didn't forget about me.

After they were done checking out, the two made their way towards the river and sat down on the grass.

They got out the snacks, at first being slightly awkward. Neither know the right way to start a conversation.

But not even five minutes later. The ex lovers were talking up a storm.

They talked about college and how much they wanted to go back. They talked about everything that they missed when they were away from eachother and anything that came into their heads.

It was like old times. It was like they didn't spend years apart. It was like nothing ever changed.

"So that's when Jin started hitting Joon in the head." Jungkook said trying not to fall on the ground in laughter. "And then Joon started to try and apologize but Jin was having none of it!"

Taehyung was also laughing just as hard. "Oh god." He went to wipe a tear from his eye. "I missed you guys so much. It definitely wasn't as fun without you guys."

Jungkook was now coming down from his laughing high and ended with a genuine smile on his lips, looking towards Taehyung.

Taehyung soon stopped laughing and met Jungkook's eyes with the same smile.

They stayed there for a few seconds until Jungkook decided to break the silence.

"How much did you miss me?"

Taehyung's smile dropped slightly. "So much Koo. You don't even know." He kept his stare into Jungkook's eyes, not wanting to break it. If he did then maybe this would all go away.

Jungkook didn't answer yet again. He stared back at Taehyung and could see the sincerity in them.

Jungkook started to move forward sneaking a look at the other lips. He looked back to see Taehyung do the same.

There was only centimeters left between their lips when they paused.

They could feel eachothers hot uneven breath against their lips.

It was only seconds later that Jungkook closed the gap, smashing their lips together in a feverish kiss.

Taehyung quickly responded, putting one of his arms around Jungkook's waist to get him closer.

Jungkook felt this and moved to straddle Taehyung lap, keeping their lips locked.

This kiss was fast and slightly messy. But neither of them cared.
All they cared about how amazing it felt to feel the others lips again.