1

Frank loved his job. Some may say he was weird or deluded, but really, he found it to be the one thing that made him happy. It required patience, which Frank had a lot of, but it was worth it at the end of the day. When he saw smiles on the kids' and parents' faces, he knew that what he was doing was a good thing and he enjoyed it thoroughly. The messy juice spills, the whining over toys, the laughter when Frank made silly faces, the toddlers' first walking experiences - these were all things Frank just loved. Watching little children might be his lame specialty, but at least he was a part of something beautiful. Watching the little people become older, learning how to tie their shoes and enjoying that one Spongebob episode while doing it, or that little spark of happiness when someone used a fork or spoon properly, it was amazing. It made his heart swell with pride like he was their own parent.

And the parents loved him. They were so appreciative and generous and they trusted Frank. If no one knew any better they'd think Frank ran the Daycare and wasn't just some overenthusiastic and hyperactive employee.

"Good morning, Angelica!" Frank beamed as he walked inside his empty workplace. His comrade was cleaning off the doll houses with sanitized wipes with intense concentration, but smiled when he entered. "Heeey, Frankie! How are you?"

"Ah, you know," He shrugged and put his small messenger bag on the back table. "I'm absolutely amazing."

Angelica shook her head fondly, her blonde hair now being tugged at as she put it into a ponytail. "You're always so happy. You make me happy, you know? I mean, I'm good, but when you walk in the whole day just seems to get brighter." She smiled and Frank blushed as he opened his bag to look over its contents again. He wanted to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything. Yesterday, he had promised he'd get Alissa a coloring book as a present since she was going out of town, and he had also promised a group of kids he'd bring a bunch of his old storybooks from when he was younger. Of course, he had to make a trip to his Mother's house and dig around in her attic and then be subjected to a delicious dinner of steak and mashed potatoes, but that was nothing.

"Thanks, Angie. That means a lot." He put his bag back down and heard some clanking in the back room. "Resa's here?" He asked, pointing a thumb behind him to the closed door where the doorknob had been positioned high enough that the kids couldn't reach. "Oh! Yeah. She has to leave early today for an appointment so she came in before her time." Angelica explained and Frank nodded. "Cool."

The Daycare wasn't big enough to have a kitchen. Parents packed a small bag to accompany their child throughout the day and the staff took care of eveything else. They did have bowls and some food, diapers and all that, but they rarely had to use their supplies. Most of the parents packed things that could be eaten in a bowl inside an actual small bowl fit for their kid or kids, and most bags held everything they needed for the day.

Frank was the only male working there and at first he thought he'd dislike the job; being constantly surrounded by women was unfamiliar territory. But they were relatively nice and chill and never gave Frank shit, so he was fine. Coming to work was his favorite thing.

Frank had finished setting all the chairs around the Kidney tables, had unrolled the rugs and put them in their places, and double checked all the toys and parts were in its correct bins when the door opened, revealing Marissa and her two 3 year old twins, Danielle and Daniella. "Good morning!" Marissa smiled, shuffling in with them.

"Hi, Frankie!" They cheered and ran over to hug his knees. He smiled and chuckled. "Good morning!"

Marissa stayed for an extra minute, asking him and Angie about their morning and their previous day, telling them specifics they needed to know because "Someone ate all the strawberries" (with a pointed look at Danielle), and bid them a good day right before receiving sloppy kisses on her cheeks from her twins.