two

| CHAPTER TWO | temper tantrums

*⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Oh my god, it's not that hard!" Marlee snatched the rock out of Pope's hands, reeling her arm back before chucking it at the window. It made a noticeable pang, she and Kiara wincing from the volume of it. It only takes a moment longer for John B to appear, the blinds pushed aside. The three of them frantically whisper-shout about cops, pointing to the door with vigor in hopes he would understand. They watch John B's eyes widen in sudden understanding before he disappears again, Marlee immediately making a run for the boat in hopes Shoupe and the cop don't see them assisting a crime.

As soon as they're seated in the boat, Kiara in the driver's seat, they wonder what to do. "Should we peel?" Kiara asked, eyes urgent. Her hand was on the keys, ready to leave in a split second. Marlee and Pope share a look, having a feeling this wasn't one of those times.

"You never leave a Pogue behind," said Pope, looking back at Kiara before turning back to watch the scene unfold, Shoupe fiddling with the lock.

Marlee nods, an attempt to reassure herself. "Yeah," she mumbled, grip tight on the edge of the boat, watching John B and JJ carefully make their way onto the ledge just in time. "They're not going to get caught." The tone of her voice didn't seem to match her eyes, the redhead looking back at Kiara, who mirrors her concern.

"Seriously, should we peel?" asked Kie again, this time more seriously. Marlee's stance doesn't change, no matter how nervous she seemed. They weren't doing anything wrong at the moment. John B and JJ, however, were currently doing the entering part of breaking and entering, and Marlee wouldn't put it past JJ to steal.

Pope shrugged, worry lines creasing his forehead. "Maybe."

"No," Marlee shook her head again, adamant. "Shoupe isn't the brightest, alright? And they had a key," she said, attempting to better the situation in her head. She sits back down on the boat, knowing that staring at the boys wouldn't help. Pope frantically waves his hands at them, Marlee swatting at him to stop. "Would you stop? They need to stay still," she seethed, watching JJ wave his hand back. If they fell or made the pipes they were clinging to rattle, it was surely over for them.

Pope pouts. "Fine," he retorted, crossing his arms over his chest before sitting down heavily. Marlee watches John B lean sideways to look inside, outwardly cringing at the action. Shoupe wouldn't see them if he stayed put, but looking into the window he could.

"Oh my god," huffed Kiara at the action. Marlee was about to agree with her, but before she can say anything the words die off her lips as JJ knocks something from his pocket.

"Fuck," hissed Marlee, grabbing Pope's arm abruptly as she stands. He looks down at her death grip, and she realizes, immediately letting go. "Sorry."