three

| CHAPTER THREE | bad blood

*⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Marlee couldn't really complain about how they chose to pass their time. Currently, it was dark and she had drank a few beers and smoked a blunt along the way, so dancing as close to JJ as she was didn't phase her. She enjoyed the carefree feeling almost as much as his hands on her waist, but she knew it was only because the rest of their friends were occupied somewhere else. "Hey, let's go grab another beer!" JJ said loudly over the music, his hand leaving her waist only to turn her around and grab her hand briefly. That almost didn't phase her anymore either. A long time ago she refused to let it mess with her head anymore, and decided to just go with it. As he led her over there, from the slight distance ahead of her Marlee spots something in his back pocket, squinting through the darkness to look.

Her mouth drops open in shock. "You did not just bring a fucking--" at her tone, JJ whipped around, eyes wide before he clamped a hand over her mouth rather dramatically. Marlee frowned against his hand, eyes narrowed as she looks up at JJ, who shoosh's her. She's tempted to lick his hand in an effort to stop it, but decided she doesn't know where it's been, and leaves it be.

"Where else else was I supposed to keep it?" He asked, hand still over her mouth. Marlee stared rather angrily at him until he realized. "Can I take my hand off now?" She nodded, the cool air hitting her face once again as he removes it.

"Literally anywhere but on you, dumbass!" Marlee whisper-shouted, poking him in the side. She can't help but let a laugh past her lips from his flinched reaction, her serious demeanor fading quickly.

JJ reached forward at a lightening speed, a hand wrapping around her waist while the other viciously tickles her abdomen. Marlee squirmed against him, laughing uncontrollably and gasping for a breath. "I-I'm trying to be serious!" He was one of the only people that could get her out of being mad, although the alcohol and weed were probably a larger factor. Otherwise, she could seriously hold a grudge.

"Well, Mar, it's not working,"laughed JJ, and Marlee can hear the smile in his voice. Elbowing him gently and sure to not hurt him, he let's go and she spins around once again, mustering as much of a stern expression as she could.

"I would just like to say that was a very bad decision on your part," she tilted her nose up at the words, cheeks puffed to hold in a laugh. By JJ's face she could tell it was very obvious, and that he was letting her have the satisfaction of telling him off  anyways.

He raises his hands in surrender, laughing. "Okay, okay, I concede," he bowed, before tugging her once again towards the keg. As they walked past the people staring, Marlee realized how much she didn't care. JJ was her best friend, and however dysfunctional, it worked. People could think what they wanted. And however stupid, she trusted him to only use the gun if he had to, even if she didn't understand why he felt the need to bring it here. "You want one?" asked JJ as they approached it, to which he snaps her out of her thoughts.