The warm yellow sun

You continue through the forest and seem to get nowhere. "Are you sure your map isn't wrong too? We aren't getting anywhere." You complain. "I know where we're going." He says aggravated.
Finally you get through the jungle and see large boulders blocking your way. Nathan jumps onto the rock and starts to climb over it. Once he gets to the top he grabs for your hand. You reach for his hand and latch onto it, his hand is strong and warm, you never want to let go. He pulls you up and you jump down onto the ground.
You continue to walk and you feel sweat roll down your face. "Ugh it's hot." You say wiping sweat from your forehead "you said it." Nathan replies. Nathan stops and looks off into the distance. "What?" You ask him "I know a way to cool off." He answers. He walks off and you follow close. You stop and see a large lake surrounded by rocks. "Here we go! We can cool off in this lake." Nathan says joylessly. He takes off his shirt to reveal his shredded abs. You then runs over to the lake and jumps in splashing cool water at you. "You coming?" He asks.
"Uh..." you unbutton your shirt and take it off, now only wearing a tank top you walk to the water and slide yourself in. You smile and him and he smiles back. You swim together and have tons of fun. Your sitting together with your feet resting in the lake when you look into each other's eyes. You can feel your heart melt as you lean in for a kiss. "What are you doing?!" He yells pushing you away. You look at him, hurt. "I-I'm sorry..." he says glumly. "It's just...I have trust issues."
"What do you mean?" You ask. "Well, my ex-boyfriend, Guy Dangerous... he was toxic and abusive to me..." he replies. He then describes how Guy would hit him and scratch his face, you were horrified. You wanted Nathan so bad but you understood his feelings and decided to respect his wishes.
You both got up and got dressed and continued your mission, not speaking.