𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | Defensive

[Isabella's Perspective]

"There he is." I heard Aela behind me.

"Hmm?" I looked back at her.

"Leslie's on his own again." she pointed over a tree.

I looked at what she was referring to and there he was. A pale boy with fairly distinguishable cream purple hair, sitting against a tree. He was gazing at a distance and, based on how it looks, I can assume his mind was elsewhere.

"Say, Isabella, when was the last time we played tag with him?" Aela asked me.

"Ah...I don't remember...probably a year already." I guessed.

"Tsk tsk. Sometimes we wonder what's usually on his mind that keeps him preoccupied all the time." Aela put her hands on her hips and turned to leave. "Come on, Isabella."

"I'll ask him to join us!" I suggested.

Aela looked at me and giggled. "Haha good luck with that."

"What?"

"You have no idea how many times we tried to get him to join us. But he declined them all."

"That's because I haven't asked him yet!" I flipped my braid into the air and winked.

"Very funny." Aela crossed her arms and looked at me sarcastically.

"But first we need to settle the game." I walked past her, ignoring her confusion.

"What?" she followed me. "What do you mean by that? We could start any time."

We arrived in the middle of the forest where the others were.

"Heyyy!" Carson noticed us.

"Ready for round two?" Morgan stood up and stretched.

"Where have you been?" Rojan asked us as he put Fleo down. The child happily skipped back to his friends.

"Come here come here, Fleo!" Axel cooed. "I'll be back."

"Alright." Clara said.

Axel turned to the House with Cecilia and Fleo.

"Isabella asked me to accompany her while looking for Leslie." Aela said.

"Pfft Leslie? He doesn't even want to join, why should we include him?" Rojan scoffed.

"Yeah he can't even run fast, always stutters, and basically has no confidence at all." Morgan said.

"I bet he'll lose anyway." Rojan said. "And his bowl cut doesn't help."

"That's a bit insensitive you know." Clara appeared behind them.

"He even has a feminine name." he added.

I was sitting on a rock, with Carson beside me. I spotted a pretty big twig nearby and went to grab it.

"Come on, admit it. Too bad you're defending him because he can't defend himself. You know yourself that he's such an idiot for getting easily scared. When will he ever man up? Leslie is stupi-"

I flung the twig at Rojan and hit him right in the forehead.

"Ow! Isabella what was that fo-"

I slapped him and pinned him on the ground.

"ASSHOLE!" I screamed. "This is exactly why Leslie won't join us! You think he'd want to play with bullies? He's unlike you! He's an ultimate pacifist and would rather not deal with your shit!"