𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | Beyond The Wall

[Leslie's Perspective]

Isabella and I dashed towards the forest.

"You had a plan all along, didn't you?" I panted.

"Glad you noticed!" she teased.

"Did you really have to set me up?"

"Sorry! Can't hear you, see ya later!" she said as she zoomed after Rojan who just flew past us.

I focused on the path before me and headed for the heart of the forest. Once I arrived, I proceeded to check on my teammates and their hiding spots.

Fleo and Axel were hiding under a big bush near the House. I found Cecilia curled into a ball behind a bush just near the river. Clara dashed past me.

"Sorry...We're good, Leslie!" she whispered and gave a thumbs-up.

"Gotcha!" I heard Isabella patting Aela's head behind me.

"Nice one, Isa!" I said and continued to run.

However, I arrived at the fence Mama prohibited us to go.

"Found you!" I heard Morgan a few trees away.

"Aww dang it." Oh no he already caught Clara.

Technically, I was on a dead end. But with no choice left, I hopped over the fence and ran as fast as I could.

From afar, my eyes could make out...a tall grey wall? I stopped running as I reached it and stood in front of the wall hovering over me.

I looked up and observed my surrounding. Apparently, this place is secluded to all of the children because they're all very obedient and actually never crossed the fence.

Deep down, I somewhat felt guilty for breaking the rules. But curiosity got the best of me.

Unike the forest, the wall was a few feet from the trees, leaving some space in between. I wondered what was on the other side.

It took me a few tries before I succeeded on climbing a tall tree, but no matter how far up I reach, I still can't see over the wall. I squinted against the afternoon sunlight but to no avail.

As I was going to give up, I spotted a whole on the tree. I decided to use that as a pedestal while going back down but when I looked inside, I found a...white bag?

I snatched it before I landed to the ground. It was just a small piece of white bed sheet tied with another white cloth, making it look like a small bag. I untied it and pulled out long strings of bed sheet.

Why would there be excess bed sheets in this part of the forest? Suppose another child disobeyed mama and used this as...that's it!

I tested the cloth and tied it to a big branch. It held on tight just fine.

"Well, this would do as rope." I said. "But I have to be quick about this."

I tied many more of the sheets together, making sure they were long and strong enough. I tugged the rope one more time until it was secure.

"Okay, Leslie. You can do this." I took a deep breath. "Well here goes nothing."

I ran towards the wall and kept running once I reached it until I was practically running at a 90 degree angle, however the rope kept me in place.

It only took me five seconds to do so but...I FINALLY REACHED THE TOP!

I looked at the beautiful horizon before my eyes and sighed.
Until I looked down.

Gasping, I was taken aback and almost fell back into the forest but got ahold of myself.

It was a cliff.