CHAPTER ONE

She's Amy, Amelia Albert, or maybe you can call her Triple A, like her Captain would call her. She's 25 and currently engaged.

She can still remember 15 August, 2017, exactly 3 years ago, the first day she was transferred here.

Getting promoted to an undercover agent and transferred the next day to an entirely new division in the city of San Diego, her hometown flooded her mood with mixed feelings. She's been avoiding her hometown because it revives painful memories of her past.

She was attached to the environment of Dallas city and leaving was way out of her plan, even in years to come. But in this job she's into, plans can be changed at any time and any day. Trust me, you have no say. It's either you stay or get fired and remain jobless your whole life. Obviously, no one wanted to get fired.

On arrival in her duty post in San Diego, her eyes met a strict looking man around his 60's with his uniform and his badge carefully attached to his uniform. The tag on his uniform carefully spelled out his name, Lincoln Rogers.

His stoned face scared the shit out of Amy. Sweat dripping inside the cop uniform she had on and everywhere suddenly felt hot in a well installed A.C. ventilated room.

The moment she introduced her name as Agent Amelia Albert to the Captain, "Am I allowed to call you Triple A?" He raised his face, letting his gaze fall on her with a broad smile on his face.

Incredible, why didn't she ever think of such a unique name?

With such a warming welcome from him, she knew they were going to get along pretty well. All the cells and organs in her body kicked start immediately. "My pleasure, sir." She can remember smiling sheepishly like she's meeting her crush for the first time.

The early morning cool breeze frantically slipped in through the window, slapping strands of her long golden brown hair to her face, cutting off the memory lane she dived into.

Excited as she realised it was a bit cloudy today. It might rain, just maybe. Obviously she wished it would, she felt happier getting soaked in the rain and showing off some of her dance moves.

Aside from being a detective, she's a great dancer and she's worse when it comes to singing. She danced a lot in her childhood days, her mom would scold her to get back inside, afraid she might catch a cold. She would choose to give her a hard time by making it impossible for her mom to get hold of her, allowing herself to get soaked the more.

Her mom would smile shaking her head. "Go to bed when you're ready. Dry up before you do." She would give up after so many failed trails to get hold of her.

She remembers blowing her kisses after kisses each time she made that statement and shouted, "I love you, mom."

But the inevitable stole her away, death. She was brutally murdered when she was 19 years old in their apartment. Her mind flashed back to the moment she walked into the crime scene, broken windows, blood gushing out from her stomach where she was stabbed and flowing to the ground, turning the place to a pool of blood.

Her blood dried up. She was hitting herself continuously telling herself it was all a dream, but the police serene and cops rushing in hit her really hard, it was real. Her mom was killed. Everything slowly faded and she lost consciousness.

The most frustrating part was when the murderer left no evidence whatsoever. After unyielding investigations, the case was closed. She swore to become a cop at all cost and punish the law breakers. But even after all these years, she has sworn to find her mother's culprit and make him or her pay.

It's true the police never got hold of any clue whatsoever, but she did. She found out her mom's necklace was gone the day she was murdered. On her birthday, she had gifted her mom the silver necklace with a love pendant that had her picture inside. Why Amy had chosen it was because the pendant was too small for anyone to have noticed it could be opened. Her mom couldn't believe it when she showed her the trick to open it. It was a rare piece to let go. The murderer took it and she was pretty sure he or she still had it. If she gets hold of the necklace, she'll certainly know the murderer.