Chapter 18: Thug Life

"Ew. Are we getting new clothes or what?" Mark grabbed the edges of his uniform, looking down on it in disgust. "Not only are we absolutely hideous, but when I was in the city, people totes weren't cool with a prisoner walking down a busy city street."

The trio walked down an empty street. No, they had no idea where the fuck they were going. Wherever Scrooge and Glomgold had gone was unknown, so for now they hoped to either run into them or the kids. At Least Ellie and Gloria hoped that. Mark just wanted to run into a Starducks.

"I agree we should get a change of clothes, but I don't think it would be acceptable among the community for prisoners to walk into a store. For now we're alright to continue as we are." Ellie gestured to the strangely empty side of town they were in. It was such a large and bustling city, so the fact so much of it was abandoned was strange to put it simply.

"Yeah. What gives? We're, like, in the hood or something." Mark took another selfie but when he realized Gloria was in the background he immediately deleted it. She hadn't said anything and he had been ignoring her the whole time they had been walking, but it was so hard to forget she was there. It was getting on his damn nerves. He groaned before proceeding to whisper to Ellie. "Btw, can we ditch you know who?" He pointed a thumb back at Gloria.

"You know I can still see and hear everything you say, right?" Gloria sighed.

"Ugh she's speaking to me again..."

Ellie glanced at him to whisper back. "I told you me and her are on positive terms now."

"Yeah, well, I'm not on "positive terms" with her. And since we're like a thing now," He gestured to him and Ellie "you should support me in wanting to leave her behind, okay?"

Gloria kept silent to help keep the peace.

Ellie didn't know how to respond to that. She viewed Gloria as a friend now but she didn't know if she was supposed to agree on everything Mark said or not. Was that how it worked? She settled on not saying anything.

Mark sighed. "I'll deal with it." He turned around to look at Gloria. "Look," He spat, "You good guy, we bad guys. So why don't you go ahead and screw the hell off?"

"We are going to meet back up with Scrooge and Glomgold and get out of here together. I'm not gonna fight you on this, Beaks." Gloria's tone was calmer than how she normally spoke to Mark.

"Uhhhh #dontcare." He made sure to do the hashtag sign to emphasize his point. "You have been a giant stick up my ASS this entire time! I swear to DUCK JESUS!" He walked toward Gloria, spitting in her face.

Gloria didn't respond. She tried to keep her face neutral, but she couldn't help the glare she gave him.

"Why are you being so calm?!! All you've done is fight us this entire time, and hit my BEAUTIFUL FUCKING FACE on numerous occassions, and now you wanna be all buddy buddy???? What the hell happened when I was in that damn trash can? You can't all of a sudden be all goodie two shoes, asshole!"

Before Gloria could respond, Mark grabbed Ellie's wrist and started storming off in the opposite direction. "We're finding a way out of this damn city ourselves!"

Gloria's tone shifted and she started to run after them to catch up. "Hey! You can't just run off by yourselves! We need to stick together!"

"Oh yeah?" He let go of Ellie to approach Gloria again, raising a brow at her.

"Mark, stop." Ellie grabbed his shoulder but he swatted her away.

"You think you're tough shit don't you, Gloria? You aren't. You're just some stupid intern who doesn't belong anywhere. You're not cool and evil enough to be with us and you aren't even a good enough hero to be with Scrooge! You just exist."