Accidentally on purpose

"Are you avoiding me?" asked Aman staring at Kartik intensely.

Kartik internally yelled. Yes, he saw an unpleasant Aman giving a chocolate drink to a fair girl wearing sunglasses inside the campus and coffee to a skinny boy who was holding a laptop. Yes, he was trying to avoid Aman. No, he did not expect that Aman notices him.

"Sorry, I did not see you there Aman."
"Kartik, our eyes met."
"Look I am in a hurry. I can't be late to the classes on my first day."
Kartik hurries to his class while Aman returns to his group.

"Aman who was he?" asked Keshav.
"Was he the guy from yesterday?" Rajini whispered, looking around.
"Yeah. We gotta keep an eye on him."
"I think you are doing a fine job checking him out."
"Keshav, drink your coffee quickly or your shirt will be drenched in it."
"Hey! Coffee is the most important meal of the day, don't waste it! Speaking of coffee....Hey Veena, wanna hear something?"

A vibrant girl turned towards him and asked him why he called her.

"What do you call a sad cup of coffee?"
"What?"
"A depresso!!" replied Keshav, chuckling at his own joke. Veena chuckled along with him.
"Haha! It's such a brew-tiful morning, isn't?" said Veena, joining with Keshav.
"My God, those were some tear-able puns! Right Goggle?" asked Aman to Rajini who rolled her eyes.
"That's it I am out of here!"exclaimed Rajini and the group dispersed.

---Kartik's classroom---

Remember that time when you had to introduce yourself to the whole class and you felt your legs getting wobbly, heart thumping out loud and stomach getting weirder? That's how exactly Kartik was feeling. He sat in the first row corner seat because that was the only seat left when he came. He takes a deep breath, smiles and introduces himself.

"Hi, my name is Kartik Singh and I like Audre Lorde works mostly. I-"
"Thank you Kartik. Please take help from Sonam since you joined in middle of the semester."
'Rude.' thought Kartik and went back to his seat. Class continued as if nothing happened and soon, lunch time arrived.

Almost everyone surrounded Kartik and bombarded him with questions. But one question threw off Kartik.
"How do you know Aman Tripathi? I saw you talking with him this morning."
Last night memories began to fill Kartik's mind and before he could open his mouth, someone interrupted him.
"Kartik."

And that someone was Aman tripathi.

The whole class stopped and stared at Aman. Kartik stood up from his seat and went towards him.
"What, Aman?"
Aman did not respond. He simply extended his arm and the other man, initially confused, took it. Aman began to drag him towards the cafeteria.

"What are you doing Aman? Why-"
"To eat lunch. Or are you fasting?"
"No I am not."

'Not gonna lie, his hand is so soft and warm...' Kartik thought, staring at their linked hands. Before Kartik could see where he was being dragged to, he was now facing 4 members on a table and they let go of their hands.

"Guys, this is Kartik. Newcomer and doing his major in literature," introduced Aman. Pointing his hands," That's Rajini my sister doing her major in art, that's Keshav my brother doing his major in computer and that's Veena, who is along with him. And that's Kusum doing her major in Physics. So what do guys wanna eat? I and Keshav will bring them."
Each say what they want and Aman and Keshav go, leaving Kartik to face the ladies.

"How did you meet Aman, Kartik?" inquired Rajini.
"Oh he helped me with the moving of my things into the dorm."
'Not bad at covering...' Rajini thought.
"So what do you think of my brother?" asked Rajini curiously.
Kusum groaned." Goggle..."
"What? I was just curious."
"I don't know, we can't judge a book by it's cover. So your nickname is Goggle?" replied Kartik.
"Yeah."
"Cool."

Aman and Keshav returned and placed the food on the table.

"Hey Kartik, wanna hear something?"
"What Keshav?"
"Please no Keshav, let us eat our lunch peacefully." pleaded Kusum.
"Did you hear about the salad race? The lettuce was ahead but the tomato was trying to ketchup!"
Kartik burst out laughing. And seeing him laughing, everyone smiled and soon joined him. They shared their food and stories and completed their lunch.
"Hey Kartik, you can call me by my nickname."
"Thanks Raj-I mean, thanks Goggle!!"
"Lunch is going to end in 10 minutes. See you later guys! Keshav let's go!" said Veena, dragging Keshav with her.

"Kusum, wanna hang out with me instead of sitting in the boring classroom?"
"Tempting, but no. And don't you dare miss your classes!!"
"But Kusum...."
"I will buy you chocolate milkshake if you..."
"Deal! See you later!"
"WAIT did you just trick me? Wait let me get my hands on you..."
Kusum ran after Rajini and both disappeared from sight.
"So Aman, are they dating?"
"Not yet. Let's go, shall we?"
"We shall! By the way thanks Aman for inviting me to lunch."
"No need to thank me. They liked you. But I did not expect Goggle to let you call her by her nickname."
"What can I say, I am very charming."
"That you are."
"But not as much as you."
Aman blushed slightly and Kartik grinned. "See you later then Aman babu, bye!"
With this Kartik left, not seeing the effect he had on Aman.
'This shameless flirt....'