Fire in my heart

Kusum chased Rajini to smack her head for tricking her. She takes a sharp turn and and slams into Rajini who turned to catch her. Kusum looked up and saw Rajini with an expression that took her breath away.

'Why the hell is my heart racing?'Kusum questions herself, not quite finding an answer.

But the moment is broken by a voice.(Even the writer curses at herself for breaking the moment)

"Kusum?"
She jumps away from Rajini and a disappointed look flashes across Rajini's face.

"Rakesh?"
"Hi. Class is about to start. Hurry up!"
"Oh. Yeah, you are right. See you later, Goggle?"

Rajini quickly undergoes transformation from Kaali Maata to Annapurna devi when Kusum looks at her.
"Yeah, sure. Don't forget the treat princess. Bye!"

Rajini gives a small hug to Kusum and takes her leave but not before getting annoyed hearing what Rakesh says, to which Kusum giggles.
"Well then, let's go 'princess'!"

Rajini wanted nothing more than to fling Rakesh off the building.

'How dare he use my reserved nickname for Kusum? Maybe I am just overacting. Kusum is in no way interested in that guy. Otherwise she would have told me. Hmm...should I go to class? But I promised Kusum... Let's just go. Looking forward to the treat though!'

Back then, Rajini had no idea that someone was going to ruin her time with Kusum in the evening.

---Back to Kusum---

"Oh, you and Rakesh came in together! What did I miss girl?"asked Lalitha, her benchmate.
"We just bumped into each other in the corridor. And there's nothing going on between us."
"Please, you two are perfect for each other. Tell me, what's your type?"
"My type? Let's see... should be very adorable....bold and fierce yet soft and kind... oh and an extremely cuddable person."
"And that's Rakesh! I am telling you, you won't get anyone like him, Kusum!"
Before Kusum can retort, the professor walks in.
"No, I don't think about Rakesh in that way....let's just concentrate on the class. And I can't wait for the evening!"

---Back to Rajini---

Rajini was on the verge of slipping into sleep. The words uttered by the teacher sounded like Kalakeya from Baahubali but with a sweet voice, lulling her into sleep. So to keep herself awake, she took out her phone and opens whatsapp. She sends her cousin a quick text.

R: Hey
A: What?
R: I am bored
A: I wanted to talk to you about something
R: about what?
A: I think you should move on
R: What?
A: From Kusum
R: HELL NO
A: You don't even know she is interested in girls
R: She is bisexual
A: How do you know about that?
R: I know. She also knows. She is just not accepting. What should I do?
A: Start flirting
R: WHAT??
A: Look if you don't, you will forever be stuck in friendzone
R: I don't want that
A: Then start flirting. This is not a disney film where your soulmate just drops from the sky
R: Ok professor ji. But enough about me. So...you like Kartik?
A: No
R: Then explain the look you give to him
A: What look?
R: Freaking heart eyes
A: NO I DO NOT
R: Really? You don't find him attractive?
A: Yes but that's not a crush
R: Answer me then, what do you like about him the most?
A: His cheerfulness and flamboyance. But we just met yesterday
R: Did not hear anytime about love at first sight?
A: Yes, and it does not work all the time
R: Maybe you are one of the few for whom they work

R: HEY YOU LEFT!?

Aman kept his phone aside and tried to concentrate on the lecture. But he kept remembering what Rajini told and tried to brush it aside. He remembers how Kartik laughed at Keshav's pun and how he felt certain warmness wash over him when he heard Kartik's rich melodious laughter. But his thoughts about Kartik abruptly comes to a halt.

'Shit, today is THAT day! How can I forget? Gotta remind Goggle and Keshav today is the final act.'