Eight

I haven't slept very well, with that kind of dream sending me chills every time I imagine it would really happen. It's 7 am now, not minding that I need to go to work soon. I just lay at the edge of the bed, thinking about the possibilities, so if the kiss was just a dream then what if Garrett was pertaining to that Jaime character when we talked about the thing he was thinking about. The thought itself makes me want to puke. Although I have never seen Jaime, and judging her would make me a bad person, I just can't help myself. I am so confused, I mean, I like that dream, actually no, I love it. And the fact that it brought tears to my eyes when I woke up proved it.

An hour passed and I remained unmove. Still thinking about last night. Garrett, on the other hand is awake, or at least that's what I think, since I can feel him moving. I have my back on him, watching the clock tick every second, wishing for it to stop so I can think properly, as I thought, Garrett is awake, I closed my eyes shut as I hear him coming to my side, my heartbeat went faster as I pretended to asleep. He kissed the top of my forehead and went to the bathroom. It's not really a big thing for us, we do that, I mean the kiss on the forehead thing, we usually don't mind it, but this isn't the usual day for me. My thoughts were racing, and my stomach feels weird. I feel weird. I don't know what's happening to me.

"Good morning sun shine" Garrett greeted me as he came out of the bath room with a smile that I return. I stood up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I have a toothbrush at his bathroom, I bought it last year when we went on a camping trip with the rest of the boys. I also washed my face and tied my long hair in a bun. Looked at my extra pale face, my tired eyes, and chapped lips. I look like a zombie. I also change into my casuals as I noticed that I was still on my dress, and went out.

"Well there's Nike, I wonder where you were a stranger slept with me last night" he teased, completely in a good mood. I raised an eyebrow on him and sat on the edge of the bed

"Mom cook some breakfast" he said, dragging my left arm. I looked up at him.

"Okay" that was all I can say as I let him drag me to their kitchen. The wooden cabinets stand out in the white kitchen as Garrett and I took our usual place in the high chair to eat at one of the counters.

"How was your sleep?" He asked me as he hand me the bacon and egg his mother made for us.

"I didn't have any" I replied, looking at my food.

"I noticed that, I barely had a decent sleep too Trey was knocking at around 3 asking me if-" he stopped, I looked at him and I saw his face red as he ate bacon.

"I heard him knock, that's when I woke up" I replied, that ruined my dream. The breakfast was silent, until Trey went down with a smirk on his face.

"So nothing hot happened last night?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at us. My eyes rolled at the same time Garrett rolled his. Making us both giggle.

"You just woke us up" I answered, biting the last piece of egg left. Trey nodded and left us alone. Sometimes he can be so annoying.

"Don't you have work?" Garrett asked, my eyes went wide as I reached for my phone. It's already 9:30 my work starts at 10 and I haven't bathed yet. I called the bakery, wishing that the intern would answer, it took four rings when they did and it was Jody, one of the interns.

"Good morning, how can I help you?"

"It's suppose to be 'good morning, this is Good Heaven's bakery how may I help you' anyway is Lacy there?" I asked, Garrett chuckling at my ocd to correct people from work.

"Oh, hi Nike. She's not around."

"Well, if ever she went there and asked where I am can you tell her I'm calling this day off? I'll make it up on Sunday"