C H A P T E R 16

16

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

16

If Tatiana knew something, she didn't show it. The pressure of staring eyes and waiting for her snap or tease wasn't a new feeling at all. In fact, both girls had found a sport out of it as children- who could make the other snap first? Ana usually won, making her sister stalk off in a huff, but they weren't children anymore and as much as Ana wanted to deny it, things certainly had changed. She wasn't sure if she could play that game anymore.

"If you want to say something, just spit it out," Ana said, keeping her eyes trailed out of the window.

She had pushed herself to ride with Tatiana back to the house as her car was finished first. There was no chance of her staying behind longer and on her own when John Shelby was still in the house. She wouldn't think of him.

"Don't act like I wasn't there yesterday," Tatiana said.

"Don't act like I don't know why you were there too."

Tatiana couldn't help but laugh, making Ana scowl. "That's funny. I saw the look on John Shelby's face. Poor boy was hurt."

"He's not a child. He's done enough shit in his life to know how to take care of himself," Ana said.

They were silent for a moment and Ana braced herself for what she knew her sister would snap back with. She had shut her down at all. Tatiana was smiling, her eyebrows raising in surprise.

"That doesn't mean you're not too involved."

"What makes you think I'm too involved?" Ana said, her voice wobbling from anger at the end.

"We were close once."

Tatiana's words made Ana swiftly turn to look at her. They had been close, but not in the way that phrase would usually mean. They understood each other. There personalities were similar, they hated the same people, wanted similar things.

"Things have changed."

She could no longer say they were close. Tatiana wanted power, Ana could see that much from the way she hung around Tommy more than she had any other man at home. At one time, Ana would have said she wanted the same. But now, she wasn't sure. She just wanted to do the right thing, whether that was good or bad, it wouldn't ever matter.

"I see the way you look at him. It was like you wanted to reach to him, but if you did, he'd be too far," Tatiana said, and Ana snorted.

"You'd never make a poet."

"Don't joke, Anastasiya," her sister snapped.

petrovna. peaky blindersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें