C H A P T E R 21

21

21

As John Shelby looked out across the house, lined with Russian's decked in uniforms and weapons, he almost laughed. If only they knew how many times he had come to that very house, mad from anger or confused with lust. He wanted to spit the fact in their faces. Especially when he saw that she wasn't there to greet them.

"All right, boys, just remember. They are fucking insane," Tommy said, as they stopped outside the car.

Fucking insane. How many times had he called Ana that? It was true. But so were they. The Peaky Blinders- mental from their ambitions.

"And dangerous and drunk on stuff we've never heard of. And worse than us for spirits and ghosts. Today they're going to test us".

"Fuck them," John scoffed out, but he couldn't help the smirk that pulled onto his face.

He was beside Arthur, behind Tommy as they walked down the drive way, Tatiana hanging to greet them in the middle. Footsteps echoed through the moth space, not a movement out of place from the soldiers. But Arthur couldn't help the snarl that graced his face.

"Russians- all turned and ran," he spat.

"The Cossacks didn't run, Arthur."

They stopped momentarily in the centre of the path. Tatiana didn't bother to look behind Tommy to his brothers. Her eyes were trailed on him, taking in every inch as if she hadn't seen it all already.

"Mr Shelby, welcome. How's my car?"

"I think I'm in love with it," Tommy drawled, as indifferent as ever.

"And I yours. So we should keep what we love, yes?" She said. "Excuse the reception. Whenever we open the treasury, the Cossacks are on guard."

They entered the house, being shown through the hallway and into the library. Ana's library. She wasn't there either. John and Arthur searched it, standing in the middle of the room like they owned it. They were smirking too, matching the glint that was mirrored in the eyes of the Russian beauty who hung at Tommy's side. They stared at him expectantly.

"In Russia, men on the other side of the law decorate their body in tattoos. Now, some of these tattoos are proof of allegiance to underground organisations, which are the sworn enemies of the royal household," said Tommy. Arthur and John shared glances. "So It's customary in Russian royal households to check for such tattoos before engaging in business. And as we approach the alloyed day, these ladies here would like to make sure that you're not assassins or infiltrators."

petrovna. peaky blindersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara