Nine: The Dining Table

NINE: THE DINING TABLE

LAUREN

LAUREN SAT ON THE CORNER of the couch. Don't bother to insert herself into the conversation that her siblings just started. No one seem noticed some differences in Lauren, because she was always the quiet girl in the family, so maybe that's why none of them really noticed that something was off with Lauren. Meanwhile, the girl has these voices inside her head. It sounds...sad, anxiety, angry, frustrated, all mixed into one full voice of rage and hatred.

".....I will not going to forgive Lauren."

Her heart becomes so hot again after she managed to calmed herself down earlier. Lauren now regret that she ever eavesdropped the talk between Lynne and Lisa. But Lauren didn't mean to, anyways. She was going to the bathroom and then stopped her walk after her mother mentioned her name. There are lots of sadness in her heart but this time, it feels like the room just so full, she had no choice to put the other emotions left to the angry section. This isn't her, Lauren knows that. But deep inside, she also knew that she can't take any of this crap anymore. If Lisa going to hate her forever, so be it. but tonight, no, starts from tonight, Lauren has to fight back. She needs to know the reasons why did Lisa keep being like this to her.

Lauren stared at her family, she knows that they knew something about the past. But what is it? Why does none of them ever telling Lauren about it or even talk about it? they had seen Lisa being rude to her bluntly, but nothing came out from their mouth about Lisa acting like that. What are they hiding from her?

"Dinner is ready!" The voice of Lynne messed her thoughts, Lauren blinked just to make sure that she's back on earth. "Finally! I'm starving." Dani whined next to her then gets up, reach her hand out for Lauren to grab. "Come on, Laur!"

Lauren forced a smile and accepted the hand. They both were the second last that arrived at the dining table. Mike and Lynne is already took their chair on the corner. Alex and Christian were rushing to take their seat, with Dani and Lauren left. Dani took the sit next to Alex, so the last empty chair was next to her...

Right across from Lisa.

Lauren gulped. Suddenly the hatred feelings that been controlling her body was covered by a slight nervousness. But again, it took control, and Lauren just don't care, she sat down on her seat. Lisa doesn't seems like care enough to see Lauren in front of her. Lauren stared at Lisa who just silently looking down at her empty plate, it does seems like she's zoning out. Her cold expression is still there. It looks like Lisa has no emotion on her face. And it's not really something new.

"I am so happy and thankful that all of us could make it tonight," Mike started, making all the room turned quiet and all the eyes on him. "this 30 years has been a really beautiful journey."

"I coud never imagine that I have this lots of kids, but here we are." Lauren chuckled, and so does the others. "I love your mother so much and I love all of you, kids,"

"Thank you for brightening my life, that's all I want to say." There are lots of aww coming from the audience and Lynne smiled with her teary eyes. "I love you."