Chapter 3

You woke up the next morning sleeping the best you had in years, literally. The guest bedroom was insanely comfortable and set to the right temperature. So you got out of bed, grabbed a sweater, and headed down to the dining room where Steve was already sitting at the head of the table, coffee, and newspaper in hand. "Morning." He lightly smiled at you, looking up to see your partially tangled bed head and still tired face.

"Good morning." You lightly smiled back. This lifestyle was definitely new to you, but gradually over the past 12 hours, you had grown to accept it and really not mind it.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, placing the newspaper down and taking a sip of his coffee.

"Great," You responded and he smiled.

"I'm glad," He said, "I wasn't sure what you wanted to drink but breakfast should be ready in the next 5 minutes."

"Thank you," You lightly sighed, "And water is just fine for me."

"Alright," he said and pulled out his phone, typing a few things, and within minutes one of his butlers came and gave you a glass.

"Thank you." You told him and took a sip.

"So I took the next three days off to help you acclimate to all this as well as the world," He said and lightly smiled again, "But tomorrow I have one meeting for about two hours. One of my assistants, Kathrine, will take you shopping for some new clothes. Whatever you want is yours." He smiled and took another sip of coffee and you gave a slight nod.

Then, just as he said, the food came in. There was a large plate of eggs, pancakes, bacon, fruit, every breakfast food imaginable. They were set down, and you each began to grab some food for your plates.

As you began eating, flavor exploded in your mouth. Steve noticed the look on your face, as you hadn't tasted good food like this in years. He chuckled a little. "I take it you like it?" You nodded and began eating some more.

This only sparked Steve's concern about the conditions in The Compound but he knew now was surely not the time to ask you, you still needed time to grow trust in him and to alter your lifestyle. "Please, eat all you'd like." he offered with a light smile.

So you didn't eat more than two servings but did eat quite a bit. Not more than the average person, but it still made Steve pity you, as he began understanding what you endured with no contact to the outside world.

"Here, I have something to show you." Steve lightly smiled and got out of his seat. You followed as he led you through a few hallways and down to a large room at the end. He opened the large mahogany doors for a ginormous library to appear.

Books upon books were stacked on the countless shelves, the ceilings must have been at least 30 feet high, with two floors and a grand wooden staircase at one end. Your mouth opened as you looked around the extravagant room. You highly doubted one person could read this many books in a lifetime. "This is the library," He said and lightly smiled, placing his hands on his hips, "We didn't have enough time last night to hit this room, or the indoor pool, or the deck. But we can do those later. Just thought I showed this to you now." You slowly nodded your head.

"This is incredible." You finally admitted and he lightly chuckled.

"It really is," he said and smiled, looking around the room like you were, "Just so you know, come in here any time you'd like. And take any book you wish."

"Really?" You gasped and looked at him, he stood there smiling back. "T-thank you, Steve."

"It's no problem at all, whatever is mine is now yours." You were still taken aback by this all. You had only known this man 24 hours, he had bought you in fact, and now he was sharing everything in his life with you.