Chapter 7

It was your and Steve's first date. He had texted you to let you know to dress fancy, for the restaurant. You had spent about an hour before, perfecting your makeup and hair. You decided to straighten it, just to make your appearance cleaner.

You also decided on a straight black dress that went right above the knee. It shaped all your curves in the right places, hiding every insecurity you had. You topped it off with nude makeup, but with a light red lipstick to add a pop of color, with some nude heels.

"Hey Y/N, Steve just wanted me to check on you-" Kat came into your closet to see your final look. You could see her pause in the mirror and her mouth drop as she began looking you up and down, "Damn," She lightly laughed, "Steve is going to faint."

"Really?" You asked and lightly blushed.

"Uh, yeah," She said as if it were obvious, "I've seen him go through rounds and phases of women, and while some of them were hot, none of there were gorgeous like you."

"That's so sweet," You said.

"No problem," She lightly smiled, "Anyways Steve will be home in about five minutes, then you two will go out since he's already in proper attire." You nodded.

"Thanks, Kat."

"Anytime," She lightly smiled and walked out. You grabbed a nude shoulder bag to go with your heels and placed in your phone, your glasses (in the case you needed to read really small print), and of course a few other things.

You made your way out of your room, through the hallway, down the stairs, and into the living room. You could see the back of Steve in his suit looking down and readjusting his jacket briefly before turning around at the sound of your heels. He looked at you and smiled, which quickly turned into his mouth dropping wide open as he looked you up and down, gulping. "Hey," You lightly said and walked over to him, giving a small smile.

"H-hi," he stuttered, still staring at you. You lightly giggled.

"How was your day?" You asked.

"Okay," He said, "It improved a lot just now." he lightly laughed at himself.

"You look very handsome Steve." You lightly told him and straightened his tie, him looking down to see what you were doing and smiling after, approving.

"You look absolutely stunning," He said, "Not that you're not always stunning, but you're just a new kind of stunning." You laughed again.

"C'mon let's go before you start sweating too much." He nodded and blushed, leading you through the house and to the front door.

You got into one of his numerous cars, unable to identify which one, but it was extremely nice. He pulled out of the parking garage and into the streets of New York, which managed to be chaotic and beautiful at night. It was primarily silent on the way there, which was fine. It was only ten minutes, so it wasn't very awkward.

Once you got there Steve helped you out of his car. You two walked in hand in hand and were almost immediately seated. It was as if the hostess knew exactly who Steve was, although she probably did.

You began skimming the menu, so did Steve, but you were very overwhelmed. It wasn't even a large menu, but it had been far too long since you had been given this many options. "Need some help?" Steve asked and lightly chuckled, reading your mind.

"To be honest, yes." You sighed.

"No worries," he lightly smiled, "The filet's great, I always get that, but I know their scampi is phenomenal too."

"Then the filet it is." You lightly smiled and looked at him, who smiled back.

The waitress came and greeted you two, getting your drink and food orders. Steve, being a gentleman, ordered for you since you were still quite confused and anxious about interacting with other people. You were pretty confused about the world in general, it had changed significantly in the last eight years of being locked up, but you were gradually adjusting.