Chapter 13

"Doll?" Steve echoed from the other room. You were comfortably sitting one of the couches in the main living room, waiting for him. The book in your hands was a great distraction while your Alpha took his sweet time getting ready, yet also rushing you felt.

"Yes?" You responded, looking up to where he had turned a corner to see you.

"You ready to go?" You nodded, closing your book and marking the page, following him to the main entrance. "They've already put the bags in the car."

"Then what took you so long?" You smirked, looking at him. He lightly rolled his eyes.

"Emergency business call," He stated, "We are going to be on a plane for six hours, so I won't be able to take those then." You nodded.

Exiting the building, you found your way to the black SUV Steve had to take you two to the airport in, a driver in the front. He of course opened the door for you, being the gentleman he is, and climbed in once you had reached the drivers side back seat. "You excited?" He asked.

"Very." You smiled, "I think Paris will be awesome."

"Oh darling, it is." He gave you a quick kiss.

"Thank you, by the way, for inviting me." You turned to face him on the black leather bench.

"It's no problem really," He smiles, "You tend to make everything about 10 times more enjoyable, so this is the least I could do for you and I." He briefly looked at his phone before putting it away, "Also, Buck will be there with Rachel. So when he and I have business to attend to, you and she can do what you want."

"Sounds great." You smiled, sinking into the seat of the car. "Speaking of, what are we even gonna do when we're there?"

"Well," he began, "I'll take you to some of the touristy areas first. The Eifelle Tower, The Louvre, places like that. But I know quite a few neat area of Paris that most people don't." You lightly smiled.

"I can't wait."

And you felt like you couldn't. The entire plane ride was either spent with you trying to pass time (which tended to be unsuccessful), or sleeping. Granted, Steve's shoulder was a pretty comfortable pillow.

"Hey," You heard Steve nudge you very slightly, kissing the top of your head, "We're here." You awoke from your slumber, doing a small stretch in the seat, and yawning.

"Finally." You ran your fingers through your now messy hair.

"Impatient, are we?" Steve smiled.

"Oh shut up." You rolled your eyes and he chuckled.

"What a dirty little mouth of yours-"

"Steven!" You snapped, "We talked about this." You and Steve had also begun... experimenting in bed. And that led to a lot of discoveries of each other from one another, and Steve sometimes liked to rub it in. "You act like a child, you know that?"

"You didn't think so last night-"

"Again!" You exclaimed, sighing, "You're ridiculous."

"You love me."

"Unfortunately, I do." Steve took your hand, leading you down the aisle and out of the aircraft. There you were picked up by another car, you and Steve getting in the back.

It was a little less than an hour to the hotel, including traffic. Steve got our first, helping you next, as multiple people got your bags. Steve took your small hand in his, leading you inside the hotel, furnished with marble and gold everywhere, and light flooding in from every window and angle. He checked in quite easily, everyone did know who Steve Rogers was after all.