CH. 3

Winning A Battle, Losing A War

I actually didn't take into account how crowded and noisy the house was going to be with an extra two people living in it. I sat in the kitchen eating my toast when I heard the commotion of Izzy, George and Meredith arguing. I chuckled to myself.

"You have the bigger closet." Izzy yelled and I raised my eye brows. My room was bigger then theirs I wonder why they aren't arguing about me. Then again, I'm a Grey.

"Why is everything a competition?" I heard George yell and I rolled my eyes before picking up my car keys and leaving for work. Today was the bike thing, idiots on bikes trying to win a race and hurting each other. I got to work on time and changed before meeting Derek, Burke and Richard by the OR board.

"Excellent board, well-timed, balanced, efficient. If all goes well, we'll have an early night." Chief stated and I signed knowing that wasn't gonna be true.

"Chief, dead baby bike race started 20 minutes ago." Bailey said and I chuckled at the name. Who calls it that.

"All right, people! Dead baby bike race day!" Chief yelled and a nurse came over and started rubbing off surgery's. I scoffed before leaving for the trauma er. I walked in and noticed a guy with barb wire coming out of his stomach. I smiled, I'm not feeling like surgery today. I walked over to him and reached him just be Grey and Karev.

"Hey, I'm Dr. Grey. Let's get you to a room and these wires out of you." I said and he smiled flirtishly at me before I led him into a room. "Looks like a superficial wound. Should be able to just pull them out and then run a few quick tests then you'll be on your way." I said and he nodded. I slowly but surely pulled them out one by one before laying him down so that I could stitch him up.

"You've got a nice touch. And, by the way, you are a rockin babe." The guy spoke with a thick accent. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, do you actually think you have a shot here?" I asked placing down the sutures.

"I like the think I've got a shot anywhere." He said and I hummed. Before leaning down to clean around the stitched-up wound.

"Look, you really have to let me take you for some tests. Run a CT, you could have internal bleeding." I said before picking up the bandage and softly placing it over the stitched up wound.

"No, thank you, I've got a race to get back to." The guy replied and I scoffed.

"Why? You can't win now, anyway." I said glancing up at him before pushing down on the tape.

"Doesn't mean I can't cross that finish line. There's a party at the finish line. Do you want to meet me there?" He asked and I ignored him as I raised my head to look him in the eyes.

"One test. A CT. I'll have you out of here in an hour." I asked trying to convince him.

"I can't do it. Got to go." He said and I signed. I started taking my gloves off.

"Well, you realize you're leaving against medical advice, and that I strongly urge you to stay." I said and he pulled down his shirt to cover his abdomen. "Okay, well, you have to sign an AMA form." I spoke. He sat up as I started to stand up. He leant over to me, extremely close.

"Darling, I will do anything you want me to." He said and I moved my face slightly away from his and scoffed.

"What is it with you guys and your need to dirty everything up?" I asked in confusion and anger.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just testosterone, eh?" He said.

"Maybe. You might want to see a doctor about that too." I said before folding open the AMA. He snatched out of my hands before signing it. He stood up and started to leave before he turned around and grabbed my face kissing me. My eyes widened as he pulled away and I raised my hands in defence.