#3

Hey guys double treat for you,  for those who like my Arab queen ,the second chapter is up and now without further ado … callous #3

❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌

Callus walked into his car waiting as Darren held the door open for him. He was in a hurry but he wasn't late. He was in fact early. He had an essential business meeting today but he wanted to meet his mother first. 

Argh! Does my life always have to be so irritating? Callus thought. He could really go for a movie or a good jog. Or you could find miss Xanders … the voice in the back of his head said. Callus smirked at the thought of her. He met her just yesterday and all he could think about now is her. Was he just being infatuated with her? Callus wondered and worried  about the danger of infatuation. It led to many breakups and divorces, some of which were his friends. It happened to him and to maximus. Although Maximus was a heartbreaking bitch sometimes, Callus was not. He had the reputation of attracting women like moths to a flame. Maximus cooled down since their mother was in hospital. Callus looked at his watch,  visiting hours started at eight on the dot, it was seven thirty,  meaning he had give or take fifteen minutes to wait.  

When he arrived, he checked his watch again, ten minutes to the hour. He grinned to himself. As he strolled into the ground floor. He walked past a couple of nurses and doctors who greeted him. He went to the counter and asked about his mother's condition.

"After one or two days here, she'll be ready to go home "the doctor told him.

"That's good news doctor" when he turned he overheard two nurses talking about a patient.

"That poor boy, I heard his condition is critical and his girlfriend, God she's crushed. "

"Fortunately someone paid off for his surgery and his treatment, someone named Cassandria,  I couldn't even get to see her last name" the nurse said . Her face was as disappointed as the one she was conversing with.

"But didn't that surgery cost like over fifty thousand dollars? And for her to pay it off in one shot? She wealthy and kindhearted! " the nurse said smiling, Callus never heard of a rich woman in this area, she must've just moved here …Cassandria …what a beautiful name …

He walked into elevator, pressed number twelve on the panel and waited to reach the floor. As he stepped onto the floor he fixated his jacket. He walked into the waiting room where he conversed with his best friend, Ian Van Weiss, who was at the moment buying over an entire industry, he was making Callus proud to be his best friend. Callus remembered when they joked about "buying over companies together " now it was reality, a somewhat indifferent reality as the saying went "everything is nothing without happiness " Callus was content but he did need some form of happiness besides that of his mother or his idiot brother, not to mention Ian. He was smacked out of his day dreaming as someone bumped into him. He looked down and she looked up.

It was Ms Xanders.

She didn't look like her previous self. Her complexion paled and her eyes were gleamless along with bags under them. Her tired green eyes looked lazily up at him. "You? "

"I was about to ask the same thing " Callus replied.

"May I ask if the woman liked her flowers? " Cass asked.

"Yes. In fact she loved them, she even asked if she could visit your shop " he stated. She smiled.

"She's welcome anytime ."

It itched Callus to ask what was the matter. He looked beyond her small self and saw her employee curled up on the couch, fast asleep. A nurse walked in and informed them that visiting hours had now commenced. Callus bid the beautiful redhead farewell as she did to him. He walked into his mother's room to see her reading intently.  He knocked and spent almost half an hour with her. She'll be out soon. He smiled to that thought. He kissed her cheek and told her goodbye before rushing through the hallways, down the elevator and to the car waiting for him outside. 

Even When Callus attended the meeting as he spoke to his partners his mind was engulfed in the thought of Ms Xanders . He found himself worrying about her. I hope you're Okay Ms Xanders.

❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕

As Cass sat down with mel sleeping calmly at her side, she worried for Johnston's health, her head was spining and it wasn't because of lack of sleep.  It was because of the recent little interaction with a certain tall, dark and handsome businessman. Mr McKnight.

Lox walked over to cassy and sat down next to her. She took off her shoes and sighed "I need a drink Cass and I need some sleep " she yawned and laid down on top of Cassy's lap falling asleep tightly.  A stray question popped into her mind "why was Mr McKnight here?" She thought it off as he was probably here to give donations or something of the sort. Cassy tried over the course of the night and onto the day to free her mind of thinking of him. She honestly tried but her efforts were useless. She seemed to remember his voice from somewhere …

the real question is …

where?