v. | from bad to worse news - part one

A month had passed already, the Herrera's were finally settled in their home, their doctor had paid to construct a new room for Ernesto to keep his therapies at home but sadly that had woken up his panic attacks

A month had passed already, the Herrera's were finally settled in their home, their doctor had paid to construct a new room for Ernesto to keep his therapies at home but sadly that had woken up his panic attacks. Veronica had managed to find a job at a nurses offices working as her assistant, this was to bring some extra money to the table, Elena and Melissa kept on doing their online school and have fun with their group of friends. There were moments Melissa had joined her older sister in their adventures with the Pogues, maybe it was because Elena had to babysit her, and well, she didn't want to stay at home.

The plan for the weekend was fishing, Elena had gone fishing once, she was around the age of eight, she wanted to go with her grandfather when he lived in Colorado. Palmer Lake, a great place to fish. Or that was what her grandpa would say. She remembered that she was always scared of the fish when they landed on their boat, how it would jump, and look for a way back to the water.

Elena hates the aftermath of what happened to the fish but she like that it gave her food, of course, she always felt bad for the species after dinner, and she always promised herself to not eat another animal in her life. Elena always broke that promise.

The HMS Pogue boat was locked and loaded on the back of John B's van, Elena and him were waiting for JJ, both leaning against the vehicle. Their next stops were Pope's and then Kie's who was closest to the lake.

"Hey, Mrs. Herrera!" John B greeted Veronica when he saw her leave the house of Elena, she just waved at him and hopped on her car, stopping briefly by the road and lowered her window.

"Honey, I have extra shifts today, I know you guys are fishing but I really need you to come home soon to look after your father and Melissa." She indicated her daughter who just nodded her head.

"Don't worry about that Miss V, she will be home before sunset." JJ spike as he arrived with the pair.

Veronica never grew fond of her daughter's friends, she liked that Elena had made some but she just wished they were people from Figure Eight, people that resembled Elena's old friends from Coronado. But she knew they were good people, tolerable.

Elena watched her mother drove away, she returned her attention to the guys giving a small clap with a grin on her face. Excited she hopped on his van, this time on the co-pilot seat, securing herself she waited for the boys and leave towards the beach.

"Let's go" JJ screamed and whooped, closing the back door of the van, the engine of John B's car roared, he drove away and made their stops at Pope's place, they all heard Mr. Heyward cursing at them, from what Elena could understand, Pope had work in the place and well now he decided to leave and go fishing.

"Look at you Pope, being rebellious and breaking rules, who would've imagined that?" Elena playfully said making him chuckle "Also a little bird told us that you are planning to get the merit scholarship, is that true?" Elena asked grabbing a bottle of apple soda that she had brought with her and taking a sip from it.