vii. | can you stay?

Kie had driven Elena to the police station, she had been told that her father went aggressive in the market and just got into a fight with someone, Elena knew that wasn't really the case and that probably her father had an attack, memories coming ...

Kie had driven Elena to the police station, she had been told that her father went aggressive in the market and just got into a fight with someone, Elena knew that wasn't really the case and that probably her father had an attack, memories coming back to him thinking he was at war. Even though the sky had gotten dark Elena wanted to make sure her father was fine, she had no idea how she was going to tell him the news of her mother.

John B had come with them, he came to help and check on Elena if she needed anyone, Pope was dropped back home, his father had gotten mad that he left without saying nothing and bailing work. Elena understood and thanked him for staying with her at the hospital.

Arriving at the station they all made their way inside, Kie hold Elena's hand tight, John B stood behind them and they waited for a person to finish talking to the officer who was at the entrance.

"Hello John B, nice seeing you again." a female voice got the attention of the group, a female cop smiled at the teen, her hands resting on her belt "How's your uncle doing?" she questioned him as he answered that he was fine, working.

"How can I help you kids?" she asked as her eyes looked at them all, Elena took a step forward and gently smiled at the cop.

"I came here to see my father, Ernesto Herrera, he was the one at the market." she said letting go of Kie's hold, she suddenly felt alone, she knew her friends were there but she didn't feel the presence of them. "I wanted to know if it's able to get him out tonight or would have to wait until tomorrow morning?" Peterkin listened for her and smiled giving her head a small nod as understandable.

"Miss Herrera, you must come tomorrow morning to get him out, there is a price to pay to bail him out, I am sure that can be talked with one of your parents, if" interrupted Sherrif Peterkin looked at John B, the responsible who had talked, her face had turned a bit annoyed as she looked at the male.

"That would be hard Sheriff Peterkin, Elena's mom is at the hospital right now, she has been interned, I don't think there would be someone else to pay out his bail." John B explained and looked at Elena hoping he didn't overstep by talking, she just kept quiet and looked at the sheriff.

"You are the new family then, Dr. Cameron's patient?" Elena answered her with a yes ma'am, she walked away and motioned them with her index finger to follow her, making their way to her office, the teenagers had walked in and looked around the place "please sit down." she ordered as she did as she had told them, Elena took the seat in front of her desk and Kiara sat beside her.

"Your father had made some damages in the market, he will have to pay for it, if it's difficult to pay we can arrange something with your father. But for now, he will have to stay the night. Tell me, Miss Herrera, what can we know about your father? Has he been in trouble with the police before?" Both hands together at the top of the table, the voice of Peterkin was serious.

"Not at all ma'am, he is a veteran, he has some pains in his leg and back due to been shot in action but well he has been better, he sometimes gets some panic attacks, he gets memories back and somehow he doesn't see the difference between the reality and the memory, something like a noise can trigger it, but my father hasn't been in trouble with the officers at any city or state that we have been in." Elena felt a bit relieved as she explained it to Peterkin, she had understood and dismissed the teenagers, telling them to go home and that Elena could come back tomorrow.

Kie dropped John B at his place and Elena at her own, Kie asked if she wanted her to stay, that she would and that her mom would be okay with that, but Elena denied, saying she just wanted some alone time.

Kie had left Elena and she just stood on the front porch of her house, she walked in and saw JJ sleeping on the couch, Elena walked over to him and kneeled down poking his back a few times and calling his name.

"I am up, i'm up, is everything okay?" the raspy voice and messy hair showed how deep in his sleep was. His eyes looked around and down as his gaze met Elena's. "Hey, hey princess. What happened, is your mom okay? Where's your dad?" he questioned Elena slowly just to not confuse her or stress with so many questions.

"My mom she will be fine, my dad was detained, had an attack at the market and well kinda punched someone destroyed some things, but he will be free tomorrow morning." She assured that everything was going to be fine, maybe saying this too many times Elena would buy it herself. "JJ I just want to thank you for this, really, thank you for staying with Melissa. Knowing that she was home safe with you, I could be a little more at peace." Elena had stared at his eyes all this time, she just felt at peace right now as she looked at him, it seemed the problem or her worries faded away.

"Elena?" the voice of Melissa brought both back to their reality, both of them looked at the smaller female who looked like she hasn't slept at all, her eyes were puffed by the tears she clearly shed when Elena was gone.

"Hey Issa, hey." Elena stood up and walked over to her sister hugging her tight and resting her chin on top of her head pressing a kiss on her hair for a moment "Mom's okay, Dad's okay, go to sleep, I'll be there soon." She said and pulled her sister away for a moment cupping her face in her hands. "I'll be there in a moment."

Melissa didn't say anything to her sister, nodding her head and saying goodnight to JJ, she headed back to her room. Elena watched her walk away and breathed deeply trying to keep her tears hidden, her body tensed up as the touch of JJ's hands on her shoulders.

Elena turned around to face him but avoided his gaze, she wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled herself to a hug, she just needed one right now and JJ gave it to her, his arms right around her and hushing just like Kiara did back at the hospital.

"JJ, can you stay the night? Please?" Elena felt shy by asking this, he had already did so much for her and asking another favor felt like she was overstepping.

"Of course princess, I'll stay in the couch." JJ said and walked away but the grip of Elena's hand on his made him stop.

"No, stay in my room, I'll be there in a moment, I just don't want to be alone tonight."

this was horrible but elena and jj aren't horrible and I luv them