ix. | agatha, you crazy lady. part one

"You're early today, why's that?" Melissa said from the dining room as she saw her sister walk in

"You're early today, why's that?" Melissa said from the dining room as she saw her sister walk in. Elena had been working at the hotel located in Figure Eight for two months now, thanks to JJ who also worked on the place and gave them the recommendation.

"Apparently there's a hurricane coming tomorrow and they made people leave early, but I got to help a little bit more so I could get the extra cash by the end of the week" Elena said and sat down in the dining room a chair across from her sister.

"A hurricane, huh, are we even prepared for that?" the questioned made both sisters think about it, they weren't prepared for a hurricane, back home in Coronado they never experienced hurricanes, just intense showers, and hails, but hurricanes, not really.

"Where's Dad?" she asked closing her eyes and leaning her head back, taking in a few moments of silence.

"Out in the back, he's moving stuff around, honestly don't know what or why but yeah, that is what he's doing." Melissa said and kept on doing whatever she was doing on her phone. Elena stood up and decided to check up on his father.

Ernesto was freed from the jail ceil thanks to Dr. Cameron, but this made Elena feel obligated to pay him back, when that happened she asked for help, JJ jumped in too fast with the suggestion to work with him at the hotel. Not even having a second thought, Elena accepted the suggestion, needed the money, she knew that there was a probability Dr. Cameron would ask for the money back. Adding to that debt, he even said he would help to pay for Veronica's cancer treatment. More debt, more money her family didn't have.

Ernesto was cleaning up the patio, he had cleared space for whatever reason, Elena stood against the house watching her father being concentrated on his work.

"Don't you know there's a hurricane coming tomorrow?" she finally said bringing the attention of her father towards her.

"Elena, mija!" the voice was filled by joy from the older male "I didn't know but thank you for telling me. I was planning on making some of my famous burgers tonight and you could've invited your friends." Friends, Elena had forgotten that her father hasn't properly met the pogues. A burger cookout sounded like a great idea, but not today.

The afternoon and night had become darker and dangerous, winds started to pick up as the rain poured down on Outer Banks with such intensity, the tree Elena climbed on her first day here was threatening to rip itself from the ground and fall directly into the ground.

Elena and Melissa spend the night in their rooms, listening to music, Elena did some paintings, played some board games with her sister, and just tried her best to relax.

"Hey sis, got any visitors tonight?" the voice of Melissa was heard in Elena's room. Her older sister looking at her confused with the paintbrush on her hand stopping her work briefly.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh don't act dumb with me Lena, I know JJ sleeps here like twice a week?" Elena's eyes widened in fear.

She had been careful about getting caught, now her younger sister was the one who probably had seen them, but it surprised her too that she hasn't told her father about this.

Melissa closed the door behind her as she made her way to her sister's bed, laying on her stomach and groaning.

"Don't tell dad about that please, and you, can you keep it a secret?" Elena picked up her work and left it on her work table in her room. Sitting next to her sister and played with her hair.

"Don't worry about me Lena, I have kept it a secret like what, since the first week we were living here?"

"Okay, what do you want in return?" She knew her sister very well to know that there was a catch, she won't speak but Elena had to do favors for Melissa.

"Take me on your Pogue adventures please, I hate being with Wheezie so much, like," Melissa sat up on the bed "first of who call their daughter Wheezie, second of all, all she does is be on her phone and post stories. Her sister Sara, she's really nice and I actually prefer to spend my time with her."

"I mean sure, you can join our adventures, just keep in mind that you would need your bathing all the time okay?" Melissa nodded her head and laid back down on the bed, Elena did the same after shutting the lights off and going to sleep.

The thunderstorms picked up their pace during the night making it difficult for the older sister to fall asleep deeply. The morning after she woke up by the sound of a lawnmower, Melissa was still asleep when Elena decided it would be a good idea to figure out what was happening.

"Hola mija, buenos días" Ernesto greeted her daughter when she appeared on the back porch, the patio was filled by mud with leaves, fallen branches from trees and the small boat his father was fixing was turned around, maybe even destroyed.

"Agatha really made a mess, huh?" Elena said and picked up the branches that had made their way towards the porch by the storm and threw them aside. "Need any help dad?" she asked stepping down and walking towards her father who shook his head.

"Wake up your sister, you two will be alone today, I'm visiting mamá at the hospital, you have to go tomorrow, don't forget it Elena." of course she wouldn't forget it, she had to, she had promised it to her father and mother.

"Mr. Herrera, morning!" the engine of John B's boat appeared behind them in the lake, John B and JJ waved them hello before making a brief stop "May we take your daughter with us? We plan on going fishing." JJ said happily and looking back at John B.

"Of course you can take both my daughters, but bring them back before sunset, got it, boys?" Ernesto said with a smile making both guys answer with a yes sir.

"Are you sure dad? You don't need help cleaning up here while you're gone?" Elena asked crossing her arms, she wanted to go with them but seeing the disaster that she had at home, she imagined she needed help.

"Yes kiddo, go, I will be fine, go get your sister okay?" Pressing his lips on her forehead, Elena left the patio towards her room.

"Wake up Issa, the boys are here and we are going fishing, change into your bathing suit and clothing" Elena pushed her sister on the bed aggressively, hearing groans from the you her sibling.

Elena picked up the one piece bathing suit placing on top shorts and a t-shirt, leaving with her sunglasses and sneakers.

"Buenos días princesa." JJ smiled as he stretched his hand out for Elena, she gladly grabbed and entered the HMS Pogue "How's the house?" he asked grabbing a water bottle from the cooler and handed it to her.

"The house? well the damage it's outside, inside well, mess is a mess since we moved here. Other than that, hurricane was horrible, couldn't sleep." Elena explained grabbing the bottle and taking drinks of the cold water.

"Wait for me," Melissa screamed as she ran over to the boat being helped by John B "where to?" she asked heavy breathing and sat down beside her sister.

"Well the storm probably moved all the crabs out of the marsh, so we are going fishing. We just gotta pick up Pope and Kie." John B said, starting the engine, the four friends made their way to pick up the rest, not knowing that this fishing trip had an adventure waiting for them.

a/n
this sucks sorry