Chapter Twenty-Two

Luke's POV:

North threw my candy stash in the trash can. Little fucker, he knew that's all he had to do. I wasn't getting it out of there, I had standards. Besides, I abide by hygiene rules and that's the same trash can Silas threw up in four months ago when he had the flu.

I was hiding my new stash of candy under a loose floorboard in Vic's piano room when I heard the screams. I quickly wiggled the floorboard back into place and dashed up the stairs, checking my watch. It's 1 o'clock in the morning, and I pray that nobody's broken in.  I wasn't the only one, everyone was flooding out of their bedrooms, and we exchanged worried glances as we burst into Sang's room.

Wow. It was very pink. Gabriel did it and she probably loves it, but it's not my taste.

"Sang!" Victor calls, trying to shake her awake, but, she cries out and jerks away from his hands as Mr B and Doc come running in. 

We look on, helplessly, as Doc tries fruitlessly to wake her up without touching her.

"Sang! Fuck, Doc, she's bleeding!" My eyes whip round to my little brother, and and back to Sang. Sure enough, there was a thin line of blood trickling out of her mouth.

Doc leans forwards to have a look. "She must have bitten her tongue or her cheek."

We visibly relax knowing that she isn't coughing the stuff up, which means that her lungs are okay. She's still screaming, and my heart breaks as they morph into screams of terror instead of screams of pain.

"Sang! Please, Pookie, wake up!" Sean says, sitting on the edge of the bed to get even closer to her. Mr B ushers us backwards, which we comply with reluctantly after he reminds us that it might scare Sang more if she's surrounded with people when she wakes up.  

She wakes up, scrambling backwards without opening her eyes and she starts sobbing as she holds her hands out, protecting her face. She only seems half aware of us, and evidently doesn't know where she is.

Sean begins to soothe her, and she starts to calm down slightly. Mr B directs us all out of the room and Kota slaps his hand over North's mouth to keep him from yelling in protest.

"She'll be okay." He tells us in a hushed voice as he closes the door behind us. "She needs to calm down and she can't do that if you're all hovering over her."

We wait outside, ears pressed to the door. You can tell we're worried, Kota's counting, North's pacing, Nate looks like he's about to put his fist through a wall and only Gabe's glare is stopping him. Vic's playing an invisible piano and Silas is pacing with North, talking to him in low tones which I'm going to assume is in Greek.

I listen carefully, hearing Sang's ragged breathing. All of a sudden there's a sharp bang, and I have to mentally glue my feet to the carpet to keep from rushing in there. Nathan and North are being held back by Silas, Kota and Gabe. I know they want to go rushing in there as much as I do, but I can hear Doc's light voice, and I know he's handling it. I whisper this to the others, and they calm down, North shaking himself out of Silas's grip to continue pacing.

I can hear Mr B's deep voice joining in, which must mean she's feeling better.

My foot's starting to go numb so I shift my weight and the floorboard creaks underneath me. Damn, if they didn't know I was there, I'd have given myself away. We really need to get that fixed.

"They're all outside, aren't they." Cupcake says, and I take that as an invitation to come in, the rest of my brothers following me in when I open the door.

Silas asks the question that's on all of our minds, and I sigh in relief when she nods that she's okay.

"I'm sorry for waking you all." She says, a guilty look on her face that I don't ever want to see on her ever again.I'm about to reassure her that I was awake anyway, ignoring the fact that it would raise red flags with North, when Vic cuts in smoothly.

"Don't apologise, Princess. It's not your fault-" We all nod, agreeing with him. "-what do you think about getting some more sleep?"

Sleep sounds really good, and there are still dark circles under Cupcake's eyes. She definitely needs another few hours sleep.

"I don't want to be alone." She tells us, and we all look at each other, having an argument with our eyes. We all want to stay with her, but Kota eventually wins and he chuckles as she snuggles into his arms.

She's asleep before we leave the room, and I linger a little bit longer to watch her peaceful face as she sleeps.

"Good Night." I whisper, as I close the door behind me.