Prologue

"P-Please... You don't have to do this...". I plead on the ground

Why did this happen?? I thought he loved me?

I was surrounded by countless guards, but I felt even more hurt as if something invisible pierced my heart when the crown prince stared at me with disgust when I reach out my hand towards him. He avoided me.

"After poisoning the Emperor you dare to show your face to me?" He pointed the tip of his sword at my neck.

"I'd never done such a thing, you know that he is like a father to me too." I protest. You of all people should believe me!

Warm tears started to run down to my cheeks as I stare at him. I felt as if my only world had abandoned me too.

"Lock her up." He turns his back to me as he march away.

"Miss Kyrianne Perrault, you are under arrest of treason for poisoning the Emperor of Schneizen. Please do not resist and cooperate." one of the guards said as they tied both of my hands.

I followed them like a walking corpse.

Even if I told them, I was innocent they wouldn't believe me. They threw me inside a small cell. I look around to find my father but he wasn't here.

I crouch on the corner, not caring about my dress getting smudged in filth.

I came to the palace because I requested an audience from the emperor but instead, they chased me down and claimed that I poisoned his Majesty.

3 weeks ago my father was falsely accused of assassination and he hasn't left the palace ever since.

My 4 older brothers went to investigate the matter but none of them had returned to our estate.

Lastly, my mother became ill and comatose up until now....

Since I only turned 18, I was still not ready to take over the responsibilities of our house hold. Our family started to crumble and my relatives were even acting suspiciously. I didn't pay much attention to it until I found out that they had started selling off our properties under our family's name behind our backs.

Mathius Shneizen, the crown prince. My fiancé and childhood friend.

My heart broke the moment he turned his back on me. He, of all people should've believed I was innocent....But I was wrong. All I did was love him, why would he betray me like this?

I have no idea why things turned out this way.

I never poisoned anyone.

Mother

Father

And my dear brothers.

I wish could've protected all of you...

My eyes felt sore and heavy, my hair and dress was a total mess. I didn't care.... I just want my family back....then I drifted off to a deep sleep.

______

"Wake up." A cold voice called out to me, it gave me shivers for some reason.

I heard the sound of keys dangling and a click as if someone was unlocking the cell.

Slowly, rubbing my eyes. I couldn't see clearly because it was dark, I could only see doubles of a small dim light from afar.

"Kyrianne..." he cooed

"My prince? Is that you?" I felt a happy that he finally came to see me.

"You know of all people that I would never poison anyone, especially the Emperor."

He was silent but I continued.

"What about my father? Where is he, my prince?" Again he hasn't responded to my questions.

It was a long silence when he suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, my dearest Kyrianne...my plan would've been successful if your father hadn't gotten himself involved."

"My prince, what are you--" Suddenly, I felt something sharp pierce my back. I let out a painful scream..

"Why..." I choke as I cough out my own blood.

It hurts.

I don't know whether it was from the wound or... The fact that he stabbed me...in the back.

.....

......

.........

Both my eyes shot wide open as I scream. Sweating, with my heart beating so fast as if I ran a mile and my tears were falling uncontrollably.

"Kyrie, what's wrong?" My mother rushed into my aid.

She hugged me as I cry myself into her arms.

Her warmth... I missed it so much.

Then I heard a loud bang as the door flew open.

I was overjoyed when I saw my father rushed in with my brothers following behind him.

I can't believe it...they are all here.

"What's wrong my daughter?" my father ask in a soft voice.

"Did you have a nightmare from staying up late again?" my 4th elder brother Damiel asks

Hold on... Why does he look a lot younger?

Even my 2 other brothers looked so young.

I look at both of my hands and I was stunned to see them shrank.

"Mother, how old am I?" I ask, she gave a confused look

"You just turned 8 yesterday, did you forget?" she puts her hand of my forehead

"You are not running a fever." she mutters

Did I just came back from 10 years ago? How was that possible?

"It's probably because you were in shock. Damiel, call the physician." my father suggests

"That won't we necessary, Father. I'm perfectly fine." I smile while wiping off my remaining tears.

They all stare at me in shock

"What's the matter." I ask tilting my head.

"Kyrie... Since when did you learn to talk more elegantly?" my mother ask

I seriously forgot that I hadn't learned proper etiquette because I always skip my classes back then.

"Umm... I have read them from a book...?" that didn't sound convincing because they all knew that I had trouble reading until I turned 10.

"Wow, my little angel can miraculously read."

I was kind of a trouble maker and slow learner back then, but now that I've travelled back from 10 years ago.

I was finally given a second chance and I'm going to use it to protect my family.

Just wait for me Mathius, I won't let you kill me twice.

-----
(A/N)

I've read a lot of manhwas and light novels. I'm a big fan, and I was inspired to create my own version. I give credit to all the manhwas for giving such an inspiration.

Please check out my other stories.

UwU

Peace out~