Chapter 6

A/N

Sorry for the late update guys😅.

We ran out for power for a few weeks because of the typhoon. But during those times, I've written a few drafts and I'm just editing before I publish them. Please correct me in the comments if you spot a mistake or misspellings.

Again, Thank you for all the support. You guys are my inspiration to keep writing.

_________________________

*Kyrianne's Pov*

"What do you mean by that?" I repeat my question

He then avoids my gaze.

"You should go to bed, it's getting late my lady." He says as he heads to the door but I instinctively pulled his sleeve.

"Did I make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry... I've never had any actual friends so I don't know whether I crossed the line or something..." I admit

He gave me a forced smile. It seems like he's still wary of me.

"It's nothing to worry about, my lady. I
You didn't offend me or anything. I am just a humble servant now. It's better if you don't know about my past." He says in a bitter tone.

I already know who you are though?

This is going to be risky but I want him to be my most trusted ally and shadow. In order to do that, I want him to trust me too.

"...I'll help you get your revenge." I say without breaking eye contact.

"I don't know what you mean, my lady." He says calmly.

"No need to pretend,  I'm not planning to tell anyone that-" I was interrupted by the sound of our old clock, informing us that it was already past midnight.

"-That you're a Prince from a fallen Empire...Cooperate with me and I'll give you anything you want." I continue

I'm not sure why but the atmosphere felt colder than usual.

Llian's expression looked grim and his aura also changed to what it felt like something sinister had just awoken up.

"I don't know where you got that information but since you came from a powerful family, I guess you're going to use that against me now? " the tone of his voice changed.

"No, I'm not blackmailing you. I just need your help..."

"I can't help you. I'm grateful for all the things you've done for someone like me but I want to live peacefully as a servant." Somehow, his tone didn't sound convincingly honest or is it just my imagination?

But did his motive changed because of me? He did lead a revolutionary war but now he wants to live as a servant?

Maybe this is a good thing? I mean he wouldn't get executed anymore...I still need his help though.

" Then I have a proposal...Help me get my revenge on the crown prince and I'll pay you with any amount you want, after that you're free. That way, you can repay me for saving you." that's my best offer, there's no way he'd refuse.

....There was a moment of pause before he spoke again. I swear, I saw the side of his lips twitch into a smirk for a quick second.

"I can't help you, I'm just a bastard from an affair between an emperor and a prostitute." He says while looking down.