Chapter 5

*Kyrianne's Pov*

For the past 2 days, I've been secretly training swordsmaship alone.

My mother didn't like the idea of me carrying a dangerous weapon but I didn't want to be the vulnerable daughter of this family. So, I've been watching my brother's training in secret and demonstrating their movements later on when I train by myself.

From my observations, brother Trevor's movements are strong and precise. He strikes his opponent with enough momentum, his footwork also follows his body's rhythm, making it easy for him to dodge. He has a refine technique but compared to brother Damiel and Daniel, their techniques are like a double-edge sword.

Brother Damiel doesn't put any pressure on his grip unless when striking his opponent, his attacks are precisely quick too. He frequently shifts his sword to his left and right but he is usually left handed. He focuses more on his upper torso while his lower half follows.

As for brother Daniel, his advantage is about speed and accuracy, both him and brother Damiel are ambidextrous but as far as I know he was originally right handed. He strikes his opponent in a very fast motion to catch them off guard, he targets his opponent's blind and weak spots.

They all have their own unique style, it's almost as if they've become one with their swords. Though, they all have one thing in common, which is being able to predict their opponent's movements. 

It's amazing that the three of them are outstanding for their age... Makes me wonder what actually happened before I came back.

I found myself in an area where there aren't any people working around. I took a wooden sword from the training area without anyone noticing me. Since our estate is big, only me and Llian knows about this hidden location.

More importantly, I didn't expect to meet the young prince from a fallen country nor noticed that 'She' was actually a 'He'.

He never told me his real name and we both agreed to keep his identity hidden that's why he agreed to be my personal maid. He's still under going through some training with the other new recruits.

"You are too tense, relax your muscles and raise your elbows a bit more."

"KYAA!!" I yell and almost threw my wooden sword.

I felt like my heart stopped for brief moment.

"F-Father... W-what brings you here?? " He gave me strict look and raised one of his eyebrow

I didn't even hear the sound of his footsteps.

It was pointless but I automatically hid the wooden sword behind my back. I want to smack myself for reacting too slow.

"Why are you still standing there? I thought you wanted to learn?"

I gave him a confused look.

"But Father... I thought I wasn't allowed to...why are you letting me? Are you going to tell mother?"

He crosses his arms.

"I know how stubborn you are Kyrianne. I've noticed that you've been acting strangely mature, just a few weeks ago you were having a tantrum about not getting a new set of dresses and skipping your etiquette lessons...but after your birthday, You've finished all your lessons without a single complaint from your teachers, it was more surprising that you even threw some of your dresses that you like to show off so much, not to mention that you suddenly became interested in wielding swords.

... May I know the reason for your sudden change?"

Uh oh...

" I- uh...I got jealous of my brothers....?"