#01 The Space in Between

AN:

1.) I didn't think I'm capable of writing a Oneshot but I really like this and I wanna share it with you.

2.) Updates are uncertain.

3.) No smuts. We all know I'm terrible at that.

Alright!

A note you MUST read:

This is modern AU. So Geno's constantly bleeding slash wound doesn't exist. Because it doesn't makes sense.

Warning: Mentions of suicide, depression and blood! Be careful!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

#01 The Space in Between 

Third POV

It has been two months since Reaper had last seen Geno.

It has been two months since they've fought.

Reaper wasn't exactly sure how it happened. It just did. Like cracks on fragile glass, slowly spreading without anyone noticing until the glass finally breaks.

Reaper wasn't sure either when it started. When Geno began feeling cold towards him. He started noticing his unusual silence.

Geno has always been the quiet type but recently, he hasn't been talking at all. His smiles came out forced that gradually grew smaller until it completely disappeared and never returned.

Then, next thing Reaper noticed was that Geno was distancing himself. Subtly at first but became evidently obvious as time goes on.

He'd scoot away when Reaper sat next to him and when Reaper would move closer, he'd leave. He'd lie on bed far away from him, nearly falling off the edge and Reaper would almost always wake up alone in the morning.

Breakfasts and dinners became lonely and boring as Geno seemed uninterested at every topic Reaper offered him. It had been quiet and uncomfortable that they'd stop eating their meals together.

There were times when Geno would lock himself for hours in the bathroom and when Reaper would try to coax him out, he wouldn't answer.

Reaper had been deeply worried then. Geno was drifting away and he had no idea why.

He tried to talk to him, asked him what was wrong but Geno was always quiet. Simply looking away to the side as his arms hugs himself. Reaper didn't know what to do.

Maybe he wasn't loving him enough and so Reaper gave him everything he has.

He started spending more time with him, he started bringing home gifts and flowers and other surprises. He smothers him with love and attention every second they were together.

But it seems as it only added fuel to the fire.

Like a twig that had been bent for too long, Geno silently snapped.

"Reaper, please..." Geno pleaded, exhaustion lacing every breath as he rubs his hands over his face, unable to look at the taller in the eyes. "...just, please." That was all Geno can say.

Reaper was on his knees, begging the other to tell him what was wrong, what was he doing wrong.

When Geno looked up, tears were in his eye and the mere sight of it alone pushes Reaper into desperate state to fix this mess. His hands grips Geno's arms tighter, afraid that if he let go, he'll lose the other.