#05 Just a Dream

AN: yep, this is inspired by the song 'Just a Dream' by Nelly

Notes:

Modern AU

No Smut

Not a music fic. Just got inspired by it.

...

Enjoy! ^-^

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

#05 Just a Dream

Reaper wasn't sure why or even how it happened, it just did, and it broke his soul into tiny pieces.

Geno left him and Reaper couldn't understand why. He did everything for him, gave him everything he wants, and loved him with all of his heart. Was it not enough?

It appears so as Geno walked out the door and left Reaper in their once shared home. Although Reaper still has his belongings plus the entire house, his job and his reputation as the chief cop, all of his awards, trophies and achievements but without Geno, his world has never felt so empty.

His dream house, once bright and warm, built to be a home for the perfect couple, now became nothing more than a shell of happy memories that Reaper wouldn't want to forget no matter how much it hurts.

At every turn, at every corner, Reaper couldn't help but see Geno. Standing there, hanging pictures on the wall or tending the flowers on the vases scattered around the house.

Geno loved nature, Reaper remembers. Having spent the majority of his life inside the walls of either his own home or in the hospital, Geno rarely ever had the chance to experience the outside world. Reaper remembers Geno telling him in a form of sad story with pitiful smile on his lips.

It was one of those open heart conversation that they rarely have.

Now the flowers have wilted, turned brown, dried and crisp from the lack of Geno's care. Reaper initially didn't want to touch it in hopes of preserving Geno's last touch. But of course, nothing lasts forever.

Still, Reaper didn't throw the wilted flowers away. He'd touch the petals in a way he had seen Geno did.

Because he didn't want to move on. He wants to go back.

Back in time when he and Geno were still happily together. Reaper is still hoping.

Maybe he should've bought that ring, the one that Geno complimented and only now that Geno is gone that Reaper realized that he was dropping a hint.

Reaper felt so stupid, so careless. Maybe that's why Geno left him.

He saw Geno with someone else.

Someone Reaper have never seen before. Someone who is supposedly better than him because Geno would rather be with him.

Reaper watched from afar, his soul breaking apart every time Geno smiles at the stranger and every time Geno reached out to touch the stranger. The last straw was when Geno leaned closer and kissed the stranger.

Reaper had seen enough. He looked away, clenched his fists at his side and willed his legs to take him away from the scene.

Geno is clearly happier with that someone else. It hurts Reaper. It broke Reaper to the point that he wanted to lash out at everything, break something, make his fists bleed punching something.