#04 Denial

AN: I'm back!

(That's it. That's all I can say)

NOTES!

Modern AU

(Let it be known that in my ModernAU, Geno doesn't have his slash wound because, again, it wouldn't make sense)

WARNING!!!

-Abuse

-Implied self harm

-Mentions of alcohol

-Mentions of violence

-Mentions of death

-Blood

-Vague stages of grief

>>>Read the warning first!<<<

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

#04 Denial

Sans didn't mean it, Geno kept telling himself.

As he watched himself in the bathroom mirror, he notice a new bruise marring his face, on his cheekbone and just under his visible eye.

Geno is just glad it blends well with his eye bag.

Last night had been rough. Sans was drunk and wasn't in his right mind.

He hasn't been for a while.

Geno sighed as he turns the tap on and splashes some icy water on his face. The coldness felt nice and refreshes his sleep-muddled head but wasn't enough to rid the fatigue clinging on his body.

Sans is a good friend, really.

It's just that... he's been going through something tough lately and Geno is doing his best to provide support.

He double checked the small bruise and sure enough, it could pass off as an eye bag.

He usually avoided being hit on the face as it is difficult to hide but it seems as the beer bottle nicked him even though he raised his arm to protect himself.

It wasn't Sans' fault, Geno kept telling himself.

Sans has been having some anger management issues. Whenever Geno would confront him, no matter how soft and gentle his approach were, would almost always snap at him.

Things would turn violent.

He turned the tap off, flicked the light off, and exited the bathroom.

It's still too early in the morning and the apartment is soothingly quiet compared to the last night's event.

Geno is almost scared of making a noise.

He made his way to the kitchen and made himself some coffee.

He have work in two hours. He couldn't afford to be late again.

Muffet is a really nice lady but business is business.

She's been worried about him as well. He tried to explain what was going on and Geno considers himself lucky to have a very understanding boss.

While Sans'... well.

Sans, Grillby said, hasn't been acting like himself lately and even though the bar owner knows why, he couldn't risk his business' reputation to go down any further.

Grillby is a single father. He needs his bar to earn money to pay for his daughter's tuition.

But Grillby couldn't say that to Sans. Not while Sans is going through hard times. And so he talked to Geno.